Thanks Thanks:  17
Likes Likes:  75
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Fixture 2022

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Fixture 2022

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    Can't believe we've given up our Friday night opener against the Pies which is great exposure for us.

Just so Melbourne can rub more salt into our wound and on the worst possible time slot for football fans.

Just madness all round.
    It does put us in an invidious position. We lose and we're seen as Melbourne's bitch.. win and it's ' early season form means nothing'.
    I guess we just need to win?

2. Likes chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I assumed the AFL was just doing the opening game over two nights given the success and popularity of the draft, where we played our first half on the Wednesday, and the second half on the Friday after the traditional owners of the opening round Carlton and Richmond got to kick things off.

Personally I think this is great. We get to kick off the season in a blockbuster, and potentially ruin a party for a bunch of *!*!*!*!wits. You see deep down, and the reason why Melbourne want to play us at the G in round one, is because last year was a shit show of a season like the year before and everyone knows the premierships of both don't count. I mean they do statistically, but don't otherwise unless you're a Dees, Dogs, Tigers or Geelong fan.

Melbourne need this game to validate what they did this year. If we lose we lose, and they're vindicated. If we win, they're not and the narrative will brought in check. They have the replay on the big screen at the G tomorrow, good for them, but it shows how meaningless to them having won in WA actually is/ was during COVID times.

Now the dust has settled, the majority of people I talk to wax lyrical about our efforts to get where we did because of our schedule/ road to the GF. They also now understand how easy Melbourne had it with minimal quarantine and a game every ten days at the end of a tough year. Sure, they don't think we should have won or could have won, but they don't say it's because we weren't any good. Everyone knows how kissed on the dick Melbourne was this year.

So I say let's just *!*!*!*! their day when we get the chance to, and invalidate their already compromised flag.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

4. Likes Yankee Hotel Foxtrot, soupman liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Can't believe we've given up our Friday night opener against the Pies which is great exposure for us.

Just so Melbourne can rub more salt into our wound and on the worst possible time slot for football fans.

Just madness all round.
    Well we should just let them unfurl the flag then crap on their celebrations.
    "It's over. It's all over."

6. Likes chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Just madness all round.
    The AFL decides the fixture, not us. I very much doubt we did not push for an opening round home game against Collingwood and just agreed to St Kilda snaffling it.

Post Thanks / Like

Looking forward to getting back to the footy again to watch the Mighty Dogs. Yeah I do feel we probably should have got the Friday night slot and a bit disappointed to lose the Pies match first up but I reckon it’s not that bad playing someone different each year in Round 1. Lets make a statement.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

9. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    Looking forward to getting back to the footy again to watch the Mighty Dogs. Yeah I do feel we probably should have got the Friday night slot and a bit disappointed to lose the Pies match first up but I reckon it’s not that bad playing someone different each year in Round 1. Lets make a statement.
    At least your bro will be happy he won't have to watch us pants his team Rd 1.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    At least your bro will be happy he won't have to watch us pants his team Rd 1.
    Yeah we have had the wood on them in recent times.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Imperial View Post
    The AFL decides the fixture, not us. I very much doubt we did not push for an opening round home game against Collingwood and just agreed to St Kilda snaffling it.
    I'm sure us and Collingwood could have pushed to keep it if we really wanted too. Saints would be laughing having this fall in their laps.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Looking forward to catching up with fellow Bulldog people again at the home games near my reserve seat.

Post Thanks / Like

North Melbourne and the Western Bulldogs have retained the standalone Good Friday game for the 2022 season.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

15. Likes chef, hujsh, Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    North Melbourne and the Western Bulldogs have retained the standalone Good Friday game for the 2022 season.
    Thank Christ for that. Should be locked in for the next 10 years.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

17. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It's their home game again how does that work?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    It's their home game again how does that work?
    Seriously? I get the feeling that we are being told what marquee fixtures we get and forget about being the home team...
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Josh Bruce will still kick 5 on one leg.

21. Likes josie, Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Thank Christ for that. Should be locked in for the next 10 years.
    Would be good. Just good to have a marquee match very year that certain other clubs get.