Thanks Thanks:  21
Likes Likes:  382
Page 35 of 36 FirstFirst ... 252627282930313233343536 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: AFL Game Day Finals 2022

Quote Originally Posted by The bulldog tragician View Post
    Yeah they can’t whinge about the umpiring this time.

The spirit of the Collingwood team is absolutely breath taking. Such belief and heart.
    They're as dumb as shit and will point to the Pies getting more free kicks.....which is dumb as shit.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    They're as dumb as shit and will point to the Pies getting more free kicks.....which is dumb as shit.
    Bit harsh. They haven't gone on and on and on about the 2016 GF.
    "It's over. It's all over."

3. Likes jeemak, azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    Bit harsh. They haven't gone on and on and on about the 2016 GF.
    I know a few swans fans and wouldn’t even know that the free kicks in 2016 were a thing if not for this site. Swans fans seem pretty good. At least those I know. Maybe cause I only hang out with really cool people?!

5. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrMahatma View Post
    I know a few swans fans and wouldn’t even know that the free kicks in 2016 were a thing if not for this site. Swans fans seem pretty good. At least those I know. Maybe cause I only hang out with really cool people?!
    It's probably more that because you're a rational functioning human, so are your friends.

If you go where the wild things are you're never too far from a #freekickbulldogs
    "It's over. It's all over."

7. Likes jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

There were some shocking umpiring decisions. The Papley one, the 50mt penalties. Those umpires should spend the rest of their careers working out of the country leagues. Suggest Northern Rivers League - you know, the rivers they have on Cape York.

If Sydney don't win next week I am going to be ropable.
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

Post Thanks / Like

Pies were gifted several umpiring howlers which we won't hear about - Mihocek mark in the last qtr, De Goey non HTB in the final 30 seconds, Crisp non HTB in the final minute. Papley mark was lucky but it was also shit defending by Moore and Quaynor not to kill that ball.

The key moment of the match was Sam Reid subbed out. His injury freed up Moore to rebound mark and take the game on, and it also forced Sydney to use mids like Mills and Heeney in 2nd ruck when Hickey was resting, which directly cost them stoppage goals such as the Josh Daicos one in the 3rd qtr to get Collingwood going. I hope he is right to play next week because Hickey/Reid could destroy Stanley/Blicavs at stoppages next week and give Sydney a lot of clean F50 looks.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

10. Likes GVGjr, azabob, 1eyedog, hujsh, Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Pies were gifted several umpiring howlers which we won't hear about - Mihocek mark in the last qtr, De Goey non HTB in the final 30 seconds, Crisp non HTB in the final minute. Papley mark was lucky but it was also shit defending by Moore and Quaynor not to kill that ball.

The key moment of the match was Sam Reid subbed out. His injury freed up Moore to rebound mark and take the game on, and it also forced Sydney to use mids like Mills and Heeney in 2nd ruck when Hickey was resting, which directly cost them stoppage goals such as the Josh Daicos one in the 3rd qtr to get Collingwood going. I hope he is right to play next week because Hickey/Reid could destroy Stanley/Blicavs at stoppages next week and give Sydney a lot of clean F50 looks.
    Reid was a huge structural loss but he also had a goal and 5 score involvements on the board before he was subbed out. An adductor injury at his age going into a GF would be a big risk.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    When push comes to shove, fark Collingwood.

They are a brave, gutsy team but their supporters are unbearable.

Swans stopped taking the game in in the last qtr and nearly paid the price. They were very conservative and slow moving the ball.
    Yep seeing those Collingwood heads in the crowd brought back memories for me when I used to go to Victoria Park. Win...mostly for them...or loses you were hit with cans, spat on, challenged to a fight....and this was before the match ended. True story. I'm sure others on WOOF have their stories too.

13. Likes Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Reid was a huge structural loss but he also had a goal and 5 score involvements on the board before he was subbed out. An adductor injury at his age going into a GF would be a big risk.
    His marking in the forward line exposed the short backline that Collingwood have.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    Yep seeing those Collingwood heads in the crowd brought back memories for me when I used to go to Victoria Park. Win...mostly for them...or loses you were hit with cans, spat on, challenged to a fight....and this was before the match ended. True story. I'm sure others on WOOF have their stories too.
    If we won against Freo I was straight up not going to the semi. Pretty much every bad experience I’ve ever had at the footy has happened to me at Collingwood games.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

16. Likes Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    If we won against Freo I was straight up not going to the semi. Pretty much every bad experience I’ve ever had at the footy has happened to me at Collingwood games.
    Yeah, I am only going to Pies games with my headphones on from now on.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Essendon for me, but Pies a close second.

I remember this absolute mongrel mocking my wife constantly during the 2010 QF everytime she said Go Barry (Hall). He would mockingly repeat it..

Only time I've actually had a physical encounter is 2015 EF, I left with about 10 seconds to go as I didn't want to hear that Crows song (97)and as I was walking out up the ground level Ponsford stairs a Crows knob stood up and whacked me in the face with his scarf.

This could be a good thread!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Essendon for me, but Pies a close second.

I remember this absolute mongrel mocking my wife constantly during the 2010 QF everytime she said Go Barry (Hall). He would mockingly repeat it..

Only time I've actually had a physical encounter is 2015 EF, I left with about 10 seconds to go as I didn't want to hear that Crows song (97)and as I was walking out up the ground level Ponsford stairs a Crows knob stood up and whacked me in the face with his scarf.

This could be a good thread!
    A scarf fight. I love it.

Post Thanks / Like

Kinda like an Aussie Morris Dancing act? Some supporters are low life. They reflect their own lack of self worth by mocking others. Sad, sad little people.

21. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Haha Still annoys me. Tassels can sting!