Thanks Thanks:  60
Likes Likes:  504
Page 49 of 65 FirstFirst ... 394041424344454647484950515253545556575859 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Damien Barrett what's his agenda ?

There's enough of a whiff of Gill & Co about that Showdown 'idea' and their knack for misreading the room that I half suspect they're using their lackey to float the notion.

Here's a thing that's cool about the game. Let'$ make it cooler!!
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post
    There's enough of a whiff of Gill & Co about that Showdown 'idea' and their knack for misreading the room that I half suspect they're using their lackey to float the notion.

Here's a thing that's cool about the game. Let'$ make it cooler!!

That's exactly what they are doing. The AFeL are about as subtle as a hand shoved down the front of your jocks.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

League are playing every match in Brisbane this weekend. Never say never.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    People who knew Ted Bundy thought he was a good guy, too.
    😂😂😂😂😂 Genius

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Damien GrubGrubGrubGrubGrubGrubGrub what's his agenda ?

THE LAST TIME I MENTION THE GRUB

#Blacksoulbarrett

On Triple M playing Mr innocent, claiming Bevo using Boyd retirement to get at him and claiming Bevo hates him due to Boyd and Talia

He forgets this shit he wrote - a Sample

Last edited by bornadog; 18-05-2019 at 03:32 PM.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

6. Likes N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Ironically the year with the worst vitriol was the year we won the flag and Boyd starred.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

As they say, "If there was a village full of Village Idiots, Barret would be that villages ...... Cockhead !!!!

9. Thanks AndrewP6 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Can I try this?

Damien GrubGrubGrubGrubGrubGrubGrub

It works!
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Can I try this?

Damien GrubGrubGrubGrubGrubGrubGrub

It works!
    GrubGrubGrubGrubGrubGrubGrub

GrubGrubGrubGrubing get down! That's genius that is!

Post Thanks / Like

His weekly column, he's basically accusing Luke of assault and of using Tom's situation as an excuse to "leverage his hatred of me". My opinion is ignore this bloke and I'm not sure it needed to be raised again but as an AFL employee I think it's time something was done. Mediation maybe? GrubGrubGrubGrubGrubGrubGrub surely had a massive conflict of interest here given he works for the AFL.
    --------
    Go your hardest, Luke, but leave Boyd out of it

Would prefer to not have to use part of this column to refer to Luke Beveridge's comments on Friday, as I addressed it twice on Triple M and once on Channel Nine over the weekend.

But I would get accused by some of weakly avoiding it if I didn't.

Beveridge's long-winded, personal-hijack reference to a journalist who would "never be forgiven by anyone at our football club" because of "how black that soul is" within an otherwise heartfelt addressing of Tom Boyd's retirement from football was a sad reflection on him, as well as being factually wrong and deeply insulting.

It was the second time in 12 months that Beveridge had used Tom Boyd to leverage his own hatred of me.

Beveridge's dislike of me began in September 2015 when he was riled about my reporting of his handling of the supposed elimination final information exchange between his player Michael Talia and his brother, Daniel Talia, of Adelaide.

Four days after that report, at the Brownlow Medal dinner, he made forceful physical contact with me. It may have been an accident. It may not have been.

The Western Bulldogs lied to me early the following season, Boyd's second at the Bulldogs, when I directly asked about a bar stoush between Boyd and teammate Zaine Cordy.

During that period, Beveridge had been economical with the truth about why Boyd was playing in the VFL.

The very next morning after my inquiries about this matter, and after lying about it, the club issued a media release, conceding it had disciplined Boyd and Cordy.

This was long before Boyd had publicly raised his mental health issues.

I have never questioned any aspect of that part of Boyd's life, and from the moment he kicked his third goal in the 2016 Grand Final, a game in which I felt he should have been rewarded with the Norm Smith Medal, I have regularly stated he had fully paid back the extraordinary money the club used to recruit him as a 19-year-old from GWS.

Go your hardest with your words towards me, Luke, any time you like. That's your right. But stick to facts and leave Tom Boyd out of it.

Post Thanks / Like

A sick little man
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    His weekly column, he's basically accusing Luke of assault and of using Tom's situation as an excuse to "leverage his hatred of me". My opinion is ignore this bloke and I'm not sure it needed to be raised again but as an AFL employee I think it's time something was done. Mediation maybe? GrubGrubGrubGrubGrubGrubGrub surely had a massive conflict of interest here given he works for the AFL.
    --------

Would prefer to not have to use part of this column to refer to Luke Beveridge's comments on Friday, as I addressed it twice on Triple M and once on Channel Nine over the weekend.

Beveridge's long-winded, personal-hijack reference to a journalist who would "never be forgiven by anyone at our football club" because of "how black that soul is" within an otherwise heartfelt addressing of Tom Boyd's retirement from football was a sad reflection on him, as well as being factually wrong and deeply insulting.

It was the second time in 12 months that Beveridge had used Tom Boyd to leverage his own hatred of me.

Beveridge's dislike of me began in September 2015 when he was riled about my reporting of his handling of the supposed elimination final information exchange between his player Michael Talia and his brother, Daniel Talia, of Adelaide.

Four days after that report, at the Brownlow Medal dinner, he made forceful physical contact with me. It may have been an accident. It may not have been.

The Western Bulldogs lied to me early the following season, Boyd's second at the Bulldogs, when I directly asked about a bar stoush between Boyd and teammate Zaine Cordy.

During that period, Beveridge had been economical with the truth about why Boyd was playing in the VFL.

The very next morning after my inquiries about this matter, and after lying about it, the club issued a media release, conceding it had disciplined Boyd and Cordy.

I have never questioned any aspect of that part of Boyd's life, and from the moment he kicked his third goal in the 2016 Grand Final, a game in which I felt he should have been rewarded with the Norm Smith Medal, I have regularly stated he had fully paid back the extraordinary money the club used to recruit him as a 19-year-old from GWS.

Go your hardest with your words towards me, Luke, any time you like. That's your right. But stick to facts and leave Tom Boyd out of it.
    The fragmented nature of his comments over the years mean, unless you’re close to it, his response makes sense.

Bevo, and all Bulldogs, would do well to ignore him to allow his relevance continue to decrease, then ultimately he’ll be out of a job. Play the long game.

15. Likes Grantysghost, BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrMahatma View Post
    The fragmented nature of his comments over the years mean, unless you’re close to it, his response makes sense.

Bevo, and all Bulldogs, would do well to ignore him to allow his relevance continue to decrease, then ultimately he’ll be out of a job. Play the long game.
    Grubman is disappearing down the dunny of mediocrity and he is desperately trying to cling to anything before the flush button is pressed. He and a few members of the media engaged in a pile on with Tom, the rest (like Leigh Matthews) have realised enough is enough, given they have helped to destroy his career, but Damo doesn't have the intellectual equipment to understand that it's time to stop.

17. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    --------

Hearing this firsthand gives me a warm, satisfying inner glow.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

19. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Grubman is disappearing down the dunny of mediocrity and he is desperately trying to cling to anything before the flush button is pressed. He and a few members of the media engaged in a pile on with Tom, the rest (like Leigh Matthews) have realised enough is enough, given they have helped to destroy his career, but Damo doesn't have the intellectual equipment to understand that it's time to stop.
    Hutchy pulling the strings.