Thanks Thanks:  14
Likes Likes:  76

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Re: High praise for Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    If true I'm 100% on Bevo's side here. Lachie needs to realise that with the challenges he's experiencing this year he's not a walk up start to be played. From memory Mark was also critical of the club not playing Lachie more in his second season with us.

I'm confident that will get sorted out but Lachie might need to cool his jets at the moment
    the old parent meddling trick
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

2. Likes EasternWest, Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    So much easier for parents and agents to muddy the waters and define a narrative than it is for an organisation to refute it. Team selection will be interesting !
    I recall the club were critical that Lachie called his agent prior to calling the club.
    Edit : He's with Paul Connors. Stringer's agent.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    So much easier for parents and agents to muddy the waters and define a narrative than it is for an organisation to refute it. Team selection will be interesting !
    I recall the club were critical that Lachie called his agent prior to calling the club.
    Lachie brought it all upon himself, and I am really pissed off he wasn't available for the last three tough matches. I don't know what his issues are, and respect that, but I can still be pissed off.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Lachie brought it all upon himself, and I am really pissed off he wasn't available for the last three tough matches. I don't know what his issues are, and respect that, but I can still be pissed off.
    Yes I certainly think he needs all the support he requires with his personal circumstances, but when it comes to selection I'm happy for him to have to wait for a start considering his actions and subsequent legal issues.
    Having said that he should be a walk up start, so not sure what's happened there, but it's not his choice to make.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Yes I certainly think he needs all the support he requires with his personal circumstances, but when it comes to selection I'm happy for him to have to wait for a start considering his actions and subsequent legal issues.
    Having said that he should be a walk up start, so not sure what's happened there, but it's not his choice to make.
    Fully agree, on talent he's a walk up start for selection but given his challenges this year I can understand fully why we might be more cautious with his selections. I'm speculating here but if the club didn't play him it's very likely they had a very good reason.

I'm not trying to be critical of Lachie at all but if Mark is trying to push things for whatever reason then he needs to back off.
    My perception is that the club is providing a lot of support to Lachie during a challenging year and I hope that isn't lost with Mark
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

7. Likes 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I mean but who is saying this? I just heard a snippet it could have been Ugle-Hagan's so-called relative calling in again lighting fires. Who knows!

I don't think there is anything in it at all and reckon the club will make a statement if untrue.

As if Lachie needs this at the moment if it's not true. You'd think journos would have learnt their lesson re. the Tom Boyd depression saga and retirement.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

9. Likes Grantysghost, bornadog liked this post