Thanks Thanks:  9
Likes Likes:  27
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bulldogs eradicate debt with third straight significant profit

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Imperial View Post
    Financial report is now available:

http://s.afl.com.au/staticfile/AFL%2...cialReport.pdf

No loans or borrowings and payables lower but still quite high at $6.9m.
    Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Current Assets lower than current liabilities.
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Imperial View Post
    Indeed, though $1.95m of that is income in advance (i.e. 2018 memberships). This was down 470k on last year which on its own is not a great sign though the membership tally is overall up currently.

Not having to find over 800k each year for gaming machine entitlements is really going to help you would think.

Is there any chance you blokes might speak a form of English the rest of us can understand?
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

2. Likes Prince Imperial, bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Is there any chance you blokes might speak a form of English the rest of us can understand?
    Try this, best financial position we have been in a long, long while

StKilda have indicated the new stadium deal is a significant step forward so if we can maintain membership, sponsorship and fill out the stadiums we can continue to make strong profits.

Can you imagine how strong we will be if we can turn in 2M plus profits.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

775 Ballarat membership sales seems low...my family accounts for 5 of those.

With 2 games in the city in 2018, you'd hope we could creep over 1% of the total population.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    775 Ballarat membership sales seems low...my family accounts for 5 of those.

With 2 games in the city in 2018, you'd hope we could creep over 1% of the total population.
    It's not bad though, a good base to build from. I think I read something that mentioned 3K was achievable in 2018
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    It's not bad though, a good base to build from. I think I read something that mentioned 3K was achievable in 2018
    I think more needs to be included in a Ballarat membership than just reserved seats at the ground. Mars Stadium fits 11,000 and didn't sell out last year so it's not like you'd miss out on a seat if you really wanted to attend.

A Ballarat members only family day or behind the scenes access etc. You could even tie it in with the Sons/Daughters Of The West initiative and give a free membership to the Ballarat Aquatic and Lifestyle Centre (which holds S/DOTW sessions) for all Ballarat Bulldogs members. More value needs to be included as part of the membership if we really want to scale up the numbers.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

7. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Try this, best financial position we have been in a long, long while

StKilda have indicated the new stadium deal is a significant step forward so if we can maintain membership, sponsorship and fill out the stadiums we can continue to make strong profits.

Can you imagine how strong we will be if we can turn in 2M plus profits.

So that'd be a no then?

Post Thanks / Like

I saw on the news today that by the end of the year the AFL/VIC Government will announce a $300M upgrade of Docklands. If true, I wonder how much will be subsidised by the government, how much will be paid by the AFL or whether an agent will be employed by the AFL to manage the redevelopment and the stadium ongoing.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    I saw on the news today that by the end of the year the AFL/VIC Government will announce a $300M upgrade of Docklands. If true, I wonder how much will be subsidised by the government, how much will be paid by the AFL or whether an agent will be employed by the AFL to manage the redevelopment and the stadium ongoing.
    I remember reading somewhere it needed a new roof and a serious upgrade , previous owners didn't keep it up to scratch knowing they had an agreement with afl to sell it to them.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    The article in the Hearld Sun put can't post it as it is subscription only.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like it will be State Government funded.

Melbourne stadiums set for major upgrades in Andrews Government cash splash

EXCLUSIVE: MELBOURNE’S stadiums are set for major upgrades likely to be worth hundreds of millions of dollars, in an election-year cash splash by the Andrews Government.

The Herald Sun can reveal the government is in the final stages of sealing a plan to future-proof the city’s stadiums, with a source confirming “exciting announcements” will be made this year.

The AFL is believed to be confident of a $300 million overhaul of Etihad Stadium — including a waterside stadium gateway, events centre and parkland.

But the government is taking a cautious approach to handing over public money to the league, which does not pay any tax, and is keen to avoid the backlash seen in NSW over the government’s $2 billion move to knock down and rebuild two stadiums.

And it is keen to ensure any new stadium spending has broader economic and community benefits.

The AFL, which bought Etihad Stadium for $200 million last year, is offering to make it available for more concerts, events and conferences.

Acting Sports Minister Philip Dalidakis told the Herald Sun: “We know that we need to be continually improving our stadiums if we are to remain as Australia’s sporting capital and keep competing with the great sporting cities of the world.”

The growing popularity of AFLW is a key factor in the plan, with the government considering proposals to expand suburban grounds such as Richmond’s Punt Rd Oval and Carlton’s Ikon Park to cater for bigger crowds.

The stadium strategy was supposed to be released in the middle of last year, but the final decision was held off and it is now likely to form part of May’s election-year Budget.

The AFL had hoped for an announcement before Christmas, but is understood to be confident its Eithad pitch will be successful.

A radical $1 billion transformation of the MCG has also been on the cards for more than 18 months, but it is *!unclear whether that will form part of this year’s government investment.

The MCG wants to build new concourses over Brunton Ave, providing easy access for fans to Richmond station and Melbourne Park, which would also reduce bottlenecks identified as a security risk.

The Melbourne Cricket Club and the government agreed last month to develop a precinct masterplan for future construction works, to report in 2019, which could mean *!decisions on the city’s biggest stadium are delayed.

Treasurer Tim Pallas has been involved in a government taskforce — with Premier Daniel Andrews, Major Projects Minister Jacinta Allan, Planning Minister Richard Wynne and Sports Minister John Eren — which has been developing the stadiums policy since November 2016, meeting more than 45 stakeholders.

The Victorian government has invested heavily in Melbourne Park, as well as in stadiums in Geelong, Ballarat and Bendigo, but city stadiums have had little financial support in the last decade while other states have spent big.

13. Thanks Eastdog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It's stadia. If a journalist doesn't know that and doesn't realise it's the first thing I will notice and not bother reading the article...

15. Likes Murphy'sLore liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It's stadia. If a journalist doesn't know that and doesn't realise it's the first thing I will notice and not bother reading the article...
    Who on earth says stadia?

Anyway, I think you will find the dictionary lists both stadia and stadiums as the plural of stadium.

Post Thanks / Like

Some clarification:

http://www.writing-skills.com/is-it-stadia-or-stadiums

Stadia is the Latin plural.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Who on earth says stadia?

Anyway, I think you will find the dictionary lists both stadia and stadiums as the plural of stadium.
    People who learned and use the queens English*. Or grammer nazis, like me!

* is how autocorrect wants to spell that particular term.