Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Lucy Cornes in Twitter attack after Will Minson offends Port Adelaide players wit

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    If anyone feels inclined (like I did) to tweet him and remind him of his HS colleague's wonderful previous form on 'culture', you can do it here - @RalphyHeraldSun
    Perhaps we can question how he can be so appalled at Minson's ongoing indiscretions, yet still in good conscious work alongside Rebecca Wilson who is a serial convicted drink driver.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Lucy Cornes in Twitter attack after Will Minson offends Port Adelaide players wit

This and the Ward stuff has eroded my faith in the club somewhat. We're nothing special it would seem, just another AFL club. I could start following Brisbane tomorrow and all that would've changed is the colours on my scarfe.

What will the Club stand up over? What will it take for us to dig our heels in and fire back?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonofScray View Post
    What will the Club stand up over? What will it take for us to dig our heels in and fire back?
    It's the way of the world today. P.C and pleasing the unsilent minority is setting the rules. I still get frustrated with how the AFL has softened the game then almost promoted the softness like it is a good thing?
    The other day I watched the 1980 GF on TV, gee it was good to watch. It seemed to flow with speed and not have 250 ball ups every quarter. The players were playing tough and got on with things when they were hit hard.
    Ahhh, good ol' days.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HairyMidget View Post
    It's the way of the world today. P.C and pleasing the unsilent minority is setting the rules. I still get frustrated with how the AFL has softened the game then almost promoted the softness like it is a good thing?
    The other day I watched the 1980 GF on TV, gee it was good to watch. It seemed to flow with speed and not have 250 ball ups every quarter. The players were playing tough and got on with things when they were hit hard.
    Ahhh, good ol' days.
    I can't argue with the AFL trying to remove racism and sexism from the game. That is worthy of promotion. I think the problems with the AFL are less about being PC than they are about image management. They are hyper aware of managing how incidents are portrayed and staying ahead of stories.
    I don't think the game is soft in the slightest. I was disappointed with the Minson sanction as there were varied and disputed reports about what he said and I didn't think the mention of someone's mum was worse than much of what goes on. Still, he accepted it, so it is what it is.

As for your 2nd point, the AFL are going out of their way to get rid of stoppages. The fact that you can throw a ball out of a contest or release it when tackled now, not to mention the insanity of the holding the ball rule are evidence of this. The reduction of interchange is aimed at making players less able to run to contests and create congestion. The AFL want free flowing football at any expense including the players welfare.
    And nostalgia ain't what it used to be.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Underdog View Post
    I can't argue with the AFL trying to remove racism and sexism from the game. That is worthy of promotion. I think the problems with the AFL are less about being PC than they are about image management. They are hyper aware of managing how incidents are portrayed and staying ahead of stories.
    I don't think the game is soft in the slightest. I was disappointed with the Minson sanction as there were varied and disputed reports about what he said and I didn't think the mention of someone's mum was worse than much of what goes on. Still, he accepted it, so it is what it is.

As for your 2nd point, the AFL are going out of their way to get rid of stoppages. The fact that you can throw a ball out of a contest or release it when tackled now, not to mention the insanity of the holding the ball rule are evidence of this. The reduction of interchange is aimed at making players less able to run to contests and create congestion. The AFL want free flowing football at any expense including the players welfare.
    And nostalgia ain't what it used to be.
    Image management is exactly what it is. What it isn't, is authentic. See the comments about AFL being a law unto itself by Rob Starry and it starts to unveil its dangerous side.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greystache View Post
    Perhaps we can question how he can be so appalled at Minson's ongoing indiscretions, yet still in good conscious work alongside Rebecca Wilson who is a serial convicted drink driver.
    The 'at the bar' column with Jon Anderson also lost a bit of its lustre when he smashed his car through a pizza shop and blew 0.139.

Ross Lyon is right - they are nothing more than minnows

Post Thanks / Like

This speaks volumes of the guys intellect.

Jon Ralph ‏@RalphyHeraldSun
    Surely Minson needs to take the initiative and suspend himself for a game & offer a donation to Lucy Cornes' charity. 4-6 week ban? Silly

Why should Minno donate to Lucy Cornes? He offended the Pearce family

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post
    This speaks volumes of the guys intellect.

Jon Ralph ‏@RalphyHeraldSun
    Surely Minson needs to take the initiative and suspend himself for a game & offer a donation to Lucy Cornes' charity. 4-6 week ban? Silly

Why should Minno donate to Lucy Cornes? He offended the Pearce family
    It's all about Lucy Cornes, just ask Lucy Cornes. Looking forward to her lobbying to get herself on the next Dancing With The Stars series, she could be the next Alex Fevola.

Post Thanks / Like

It's all about Lucy Cornes, just ask Lucy Cornes. Looking forward to her lobbying to get herself on the next Dancing With The Stars series, she could be the next Alex Fevola.
    Much harsher than any mum/relations sledge.

Post Thanks / Like

She could use her profile to stand for parliament like her ex-step mother in law. They never say nasty things to each other there.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

What does Pearce now intend to do when every man and his dog starts ragging on him about his mum? And if a player dares to toy with 'the line' does he intend to drag it out into the media again?
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    What does Pearce now intend to do when every man and his dog starts ragging on him about his mum? And if a player dares to toy with 'the line' does he intend to drag it out into the media again?

To be fair it wasnt Pearce who went public this. It was Lucy Cornes.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Woah.Is that the case? wow I didn't know that. I thought Pearce made the complaint through official Port Channels. Makes a difference. Thanks Two Dogs.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    I thought Pearce made a complaint to the umpires on the spot, who then reported it to whoever it goes to. Did I read that wrong?

On another note, I've really enjoyed reading this thread. It's been full of interesting and varying opinions without anyone resorting to name calling or taking someone else's different opinions perosnally. There's hope for us yet!
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Underdog View Post
    I don't think the game is soft in the slightest.
    Free kicks for sling tackles, reports for rough play, suspensions for a sledge, FFS Boyd got nailed today for a fair straight on bump. The game is known as GayFL in the Rugby states and it is obvious why.