Thanks Thanks:  17
Likes Likes:  147
Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920 LastLast
    RedWhite&Blue Guest

Re: WB Game Day V St. Kilda R2 2023 - Saturday 25 March 7:25PM, Marvel Stadium

I’ve been a staunch defender of Bevo but that ends now…
    We are a rudderless ship that is sinking and unfortunately that is on Bevo.
    No one is bigger than the club and I think it’s now become obvious to all that he needs to depart.
    That is up there with the worst losses in our history… what’s so falling is that we had lofty expectations only 3 weeks ago. But those expectations have vanished and are replaced by jungle drums calling for the Coach to depart.
    Absolutely unbelievable.

2. Thanks Grantysghost, GVGjr thanked for this post
    Likes Doggy, Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I have lost count how many times Bevo said the playing group are really close. Does not matter how many times you say it, it does not make it true.

I would love to see us galvanise on field for more than 15 minutes.

Club could not be further apart on field, off field, member base, supporter base and the social media trolls.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    From a midfield perspective do we think No Dunks No Dogs could have some merit?
    No. We saw this rubbish last season. Last night should be a perfect example that the names of the players mean little when your an organised outfit that plays like a team.

5. Thanks Grantysghost thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RedWhite&Blue View Post
    I’ve been a staunch defender of Bevo but that ends now…
    We are a rudderless ship that is sinking and unfortunately that is on Bevo.
    No one is bigger than the club and I think it’s now become obvious to all that he needs to depart.
    That is up there with the worst losses in our history… what’s so falling is that we had lofty expectations only 3 weeks ago. But those expectations have vanished and are replaced by jungle drums calling for the Coach to depart.
    Absolutely unbelievable.
    To that end do you think it can change back as fast? We get back Weightman, Treloar, Lobb, Gardner we already look far better. We beat the Lions (which I think we can) and we will start to feel hope again.

I don’t think moving on Bevo would be a good idea, as I’ve said highly qualified assistants around him is the way forward.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    To that end do you think it can change back as fast? We get back Weightman, Treloar, Lobb, Gardner we already look far better. We beat the Lions (which I think we can) and we will start to feel hope again.

I don?t think moving on Bevo would be a good idea, as I?ve said highly qualified assistants around him is the way forward.
    I love your confidence. I want to believe. I'm normally an optimist. But I don’t just see it. My thinking is the opposite. What happens when we lose by 100 points to the Lions in a prime time TV slot?

8. Thanks GVGjr thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I don?t think moving on Bevo would be a good idea, as I?ve said highly qualified assistants around him is the way forward.
    We already had the review and brought in Lade only? How many more years should we wait to get highly qualified assistants?

Does Bevo want highly qualified assistents?

Post Thanks / Like

Watching the footage Bevo was absolutely shell shocked in the box last night. He looked tense, bewildered and isolated.

Will give the presser a watch shortly.

11. Likes SonofScray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Go_Dogs View Post
    Watching the footage Bevo was absolutely shell shocked in the box last night. He looked tense, bewildered and isolated.

Will give the presser a watch shortly.
    Yeah I know was sad to see, it looked like reality was hitting him in the face.

Post Thanks / Like

I don’t think moving on Bevo would be a good idea, as I’ve said highly qualified assistants around him is the way forward.
    Yes the team can of course turn it around with tbose players back but I can't turn around my hope after horror that was yesterday.
    I am an optimist but can't be about us yet.
    Grantysghost you have a big heart.

Post Thanks / Like

That was as bad as a performance we’ve had in Beveridge’s tenure… St.Kilda are a below average team and they played us off the park… well we shot ourselves in the foot, but you know what I mean.

Our coaching group seem that have run out of ideas and put faith in players they shouldn’t.

I left early (1/2 way through the last qtr) as I had a tired little boy to get home and it was shocking to see how many supporters/ members were leaving too… and all were in dismay to what they had witnessed.

Every line (defence, midfield and attack) has massive issues and whilst it can be partially solved when we’re at full strength, the lack of intent to defend and our woeful kicking skills make it hard to see this fixed anytime soon… and it’s only Rd.2!

Was really looking forward to the season, but now it feels like the next 5 months are going to torturous.

On a positive note my little bloke smashed it in his Auskick game…. Gave his Nana an extremely proud moment when crowd members on level 2 were giving a huge compliment to a little boy running the length of the field to kick goals.. she said with delight, ‘that’s my grandson!’

15. Thanks chef thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    That was as bad as a performance we’ve had in Beveridge’s tenure… St.Kilda are a below average team and they played us off the park… well we shot ourselves in the foot, but you know what I mean.

Our coaching group seem that have run out of ideas and put faith in players they shouldn’t.

I left early (1/2 way through the last qtr) as I had a tired little boy to get home and it was shocking to see how many supporters/ members were leaving too… and all were in dismay to what they had witnessed.

Every line (defence, midfield and attack) has massive issues and whilst it can be partially solved when we’re at full strength, the lack of intent to defend and our woeful kicking skills make it hard to see this fixed anytime soon… and it’s only Rd.2!

Was really looking forward to the season, but now it feels like the next 5 months are going to torturous.

On a positive note my little bloke smashed it in his Auskick game…. Gave his Nana an extremely proud moment when crowd members on level 2 were giving a huge compliment to a little boy running the length of the field to kick goals.. she said with delight, ‘that’s my grandson!’
    I saw one little fella run the length of the field and kick a goal. Dominated! Good lad.

Post Thanks / Like

It is far too early to begin talking about changing the helmsman. If things continue in the same vein then Bevo is a smart enough bloke to make the call himself. He will put the Club first - guaranteed.
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

Post Thanks / Like

I did not see the match ( saved myself the dispair and frustration) , I heard the first 3 goals to the saints on the radio and same old same old as last week, switched off but saw the press conference.

Bevo Luke was flat and kinda shocked, looked like he really had no excuse for the team's flat performance again this week. Like a student who goes to performance everyweek , and has not done all the homework:
    -fitness ?
    -skills ?
    -effort ?
    -game plan ???
    all under question.

Lyon's presso, gives credit to all his assistants, they are the ones doing the hard drills and enforcement. "What you see in training , you expect to see in the game" and reward players on selection. Gave credit to Butler and Zaine's efforts in the backline.

Quote from Lyons , on examples of effort :

I've seen Mattaes at training kicking it from outside 50. I've experienced Mitch Owens' workrate.

"We haven't hoped with Caminiti. He came in the first day at training and took those marks, he had that ground level, he has that speed.

"We picked them on what we saw and what they've been doing in AFL footy.
    Last edited by macca; 26-03-2023 at 01:47 PM.

19. Likes Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Worst performance in the Bevo era.

I hope there is a player driven meeting where some home truths are told to a few players. A large portion of this falls under player leadership aswelll as coaching.

1% chance we can turn this around like Geelong did after they got thumped by north at Kadina in 07.

21. Likes Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by macca View Post
    I did not see the match ( saved myself the dispair and frustration) , I head the first 3 goals to the saints on the radio and same old same old as last week, switched off but saw the press conference.

Bevo Luke was flat and kinda shocked, looked like he really had no excuse for the team's flat performance again this week. Like a student who goes to performance everyweek , and has not done all the homework:
    -fitness ?
    -skills ?
    -effort ?
    -game plan ???
    all under question.

Lyon's presso, gives credit to all his assistants, they are the ones doing the hard drills and enforcement. "What you see in training , you expect to see in the game" and reward players on selection. Gave credit to Butler and Zaine's efforts in the backline.
    Could it be that our effort issues are hidden in training? I mean if the effort we see on game day is what is given in training, then our ball movement won't look bad either at training given a state side could take advantage of our woeful effort and pressure. Then suddenly we come up against a much harder opposition and we're out of our depth. That is honestly then different league stuff. Dunkley has already alluded to different standards at brisbane. Could we seriously be that off the mark?

23. Likes macca liked this post