Thanks Thanks:  75
Likes Likes:  485
Page 50 of 108 FirstFirst ... 404142434445464748495051525354555657585960100 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2018 AFL -Trade Rumours and Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    So someone in the media reports English wants to go home and his manger twice rejects that report and says he is very happy at the bulldogs.
    Wish I knew who reported that rubbish, they should be called out so we know who the rumour mongers are.
    Yeah easy article to make up that one. I'm guessing Naughton is next?

Post Thanks / Like

So someone in the media reports English wants to go home and his manger twice rejects that report and says he is very happy at the bulldogs.
    Wish I knew who reported that rubbish, they should be called out so we know who the rumour mongers are.
    It's not just people from the media though, you can at least track them and hold them accountable, it's often the unknown people from sites like FB that posts something and many people run with it.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Their recruiting was a massive part of their success as well - Dew, Hale, Burgoyne, Lake, Gibson (among others) all played crucial roles. Like it or not their list management has been exemplary and am surprised so many on here are writing them off going forward. They overachieved with an average list this year but don't be surprised if they add further talent and stay in the upper echelons of the ladder.
    Yep - their trading has been top notch. Let's not forget Hodge at no 1 was a pick they gained via trade, and Gunston was a trade in from the Crows as well. Frawley was a FA signing too, McEvoy a trade in, etc.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post
    On that note, red cards are coming. Yay.

I for one look forward to formal acting classes becoming part of pre-season training.
    Toby McLean just became out most important player?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Yep - their trading has been top notch. Let's not forget Hodge at no 1 was a pick they gained via trade, and Gunston was a trade in from the Crows as well. Frawley was a FA signing too, McEvoy a trade in, etc.
    Lake, T.Mitchell, Gibson, O’Meara etc.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Lake, T.Mitchell, Gibson, O’Meara etc.
    However, they have massive issues going forward with 10 players in the 30s. You can top up so much but you need the draftees.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

7. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    However, they have massive issues going forward with 10 players in the 30s. You can top up so much but you need the draftees.
    I would probably still swap that scenario with them if we had won 3 in a row, they are not a club that goes down for too long and their record shows they have been incredible since the 80s.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

I would probably still swap that scenario with them if we had won 3 in a row, they are not a club that goes down for too long and their record shows they have been incredible since the 80s.

Apart from that time they tried to merge with Melbourne, and the time they tried to bash Essendon and all the other times they have been rubbish over the last 25 years.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Apart from that time they tried to merge with Melbourne, and the time they tried to bash Essendon and all the other times they have been rubbish over the last 25 years.
    We had the merger thing too and were known to bash the Eagles a couple of times. I thought Essendon deserve to be bashed a lot more, they didn’t do it enough !
    So that actually stays the same we just have a lot more flags to show for it.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Since their first flag they average a premiership every 4 years. In an elite competition. I'm sure their fans are pretty happy with the way their club is tracking.

Post Thanks / Like

Well I’ve found the rumour mongering attention seeking radio station, it’s SEN within an hour they proclaimed Liberatore was having to prove himself in the next two weeks to get a contract, then they deny the story saying he is going on holidays for two weeks and will then be signed and start training with the 1 to 4 year players.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

I actually heard a story the other day ( can’t remember where ) that journos make up false twitter accounts with big stories then they go back on their real twitter account denying the story so they get attention and readers.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

I actually heard a story the other day ( can’t remember where ) that journos make up false twitter accounts with big stories then they go back on their real twitter account denying the story so they get attention and readers.
    Do you see any irony in the above statement?

15. Likes bulldogtragic, jeemak, azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    Do you see any irony in the above statement?
    Lol.

We all do it though.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Heard on triple M that we have interest in Menzel (geelong) (knee). Lloyd Menzel and Wingard. I think we have identified that scoring is a problem.
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

18. Likes boydogs liked this post