Thanks Thanks:  30
Likes Likes:  121
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Welcome to the Kennel, Mr Beveridge

They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Insert Damian Barrett & 2015 Brownlow count.
    Bit of a thinly veiled (and meek!) threat from the journo clique: "Behave or we'll go after you hard at the first opportunity."

Also implies that Beveridge needs to 'behave' as the Dogs need attention, exposure and money more than most....

...... Silly Bevo. Winning flags to boost exposure and revenue rather than kissing journos' arses..! Clearly needs to get his priorities right.

Post Thanks / Like

Ha ha who is this AFL Insider? I note they don't publish the author of the article for fear of being blacklisted by Bevo. Someone's not getting any Bevo love. Ah it's good to be the reigning premiers, wouldn't even be published if we were irrelevant and I don't think Bevo is the type of bloke that responds to threats, he's his own man and you take him as he is. There's no way PG would be saying go easy on the media and I think that's been proven with the Barrett issue.

And enough with the small club / poor club line, it's old hat already. We're perfectly happy with our member numbers and financial position at the moment, get used to it we are a force and will be for years to come.

Probably a Sydney Swans supporter.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Pretty sure Gordo is Luke Beveridge's biggest fan in the world. As if he's telling him to reign it in and break bread with Damien ****ing Barrett.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe the article was written by Barrett.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Maybe the article was written by Barrett.

I reckon it was. It's got a touch of sliding doors about it.

Post Thanks / Like

Loved his work in the press conference last night.

"Everyone's ambition is to finish in the top 2, and you set your sites on that, because then you're in full control, you get the home final, you know you get 2 chances. It would've been nice to finish there last year. *pause* oh no, we got in easy didn't we, because of the bye, yeah, that helped us out, I forgot about that"

Big whack with the velvet sledgehammer to everyone who talked trash about the bye helping us out. Loved it.

8. Thanks boydogs thanked for this post
    Likes KT31, kruder, merantau, hujsh, Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Go_Dogs View Post
    Loved his work in the press conference last night.

"Everyone's ambition is to finish in the top 2, and you set your sites on that, because then you're in full control, you get the home final, you know you get 2 chances. It would've been nice to finish there last year. *pause* oh no, we got in easy didn't we, because of the bye, yeah, that helped us out, I forgot about that"

Big whack with the velvet sledgehammer to everyone who talked trash about the bye helping us out. Loved it.
    Oh yeah. The jealousy that flows when you win a flag. So all those jealous types, the teams that they follow have no excuse but to win if they make the finals as there is now a week off. Oh wait, you say every team has that entitlement? Well now how can that be

Post Thanks / Like

I heard a paid commentater say on SEN that if we are going to have the bye then we may as well get rid of any advantage in the finals system. I don't know what sort of system he was advocating in its place. He didn't enlighten us on that.

Fair dinkum it's as if the other seven clubs all had to run marathons on the Nullarbor while we had a massage session with the Brazillian beach volleyball team on the bye weekend according to some experts.

11. Likes Bulldog Joe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Luke Beveridge conducts himself with absolute aplomb and honesty at his pressers. He is a really smart bloke.
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

Post Thanks / Like

Listening to Ameet Bains on SEN, was asked about clubs coming for Bevo.

In general:

* Ameet said he would expect that -but is confident Bevo wouldn't go and he would honour his contract (end of 2020)

* Bevo doesn't have a manager, so negotiates his own contracts

* Asked what can a club do if they want to break a contract. Ameet said, we can stop a player or coach from joining a new club till the end of the contract.

* Discussions with Bevo have been on going.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

14. Thanks Bulldog4life thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Seems like a strange conversation after a good win. Why did they have that chat this morning?
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Seems like a strange conversation after a good win. Why did they have that chat this morning?
    Apparently some reports in HUN and dickhead Slobbo on a podcast

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Apparently some reports in HUN and dickhead Slobbo on a podcast
    That Bevo is quitting this year, or going to Carlton?
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    That Bevo is quitting this year, or going to Carlton?
    The first post BAD put up said he was ‘asked about clubs coming for Bevo’. So that he might be poached by Carlton, St.Kilda, North, whoever.