Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  83
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee - Round 6 Vs Giants 2021

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Jones View Post
    Maybe it's GWS/Canberra/physical thing. I am not a fan of Zaine but he was one of few who at least tried to have a physical presence during our final against GWS.
    Selecting players on their ability to fight rather than play football. Great.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    He was very ordinary last week I thought, and he's been poor tonight's far for Foots Ray.
    From what I see of him he struggles with positioning, seems to get to the wrong spots and maybe doesn't quite have the requisite intensity at times. So much potential though.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    After 1 game? Why not give him an opportunity to improve on it rather than banishing once again.
    He may have been doing it in the Brissy game but also taking marks at the same time.

I really don't know, but it has to be something!
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

With Lippa, he is clearly in the best 22 individual players but the clear issue is being a midfielder in such a mid deep side. I guess he is seen as losing out as he goes up against role guys. Don't get me wrong, I do not agree but it is not as simple as Lipsinki vs whoever as individual players.

5. Likes dog town, jeemak, Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Looks like Roarke Smith isn't playing in the VFL tonight...
    Don't EVER change Bevo!

Not EVER.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Jones View Post
    With Lippa, he is clearly in the best 22 individual players but the clear issue is being a midfielder in such a mid deep side. I guess he is seen as losing out as he goes up against role guys. Don't get me wrong, I do not agree but it is not as simple as Lipsinki vs whoever as individual players.
    That might make sense if we hadn’t brought in a midfielder/winger in Lin. Pat gets treated very harshly as does Lewy, and it has to be contrasted in the persistent faith shown over the last couple of years in “project players.” I guess this time tomorrow we will know more about whether this has been an act of genius but even the sheer number of ins to a side playing good footy is perplexing.
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DOG GOD View Post
    The inclusions of Martin, Jong and Cordy has to be based on physicality surely. They want harder, stronger, tackling bodies. It’s great to see Jong in, as I think he brings something. Young obviously unlucky, but the MC might see something that Cordy might suit a match up more than Young. We shall know tomorrow.
    Maybe Young tired late in the game, so it could be just a break. I think he got caught out of position a few times, or was just a few fractions of a second short in his response as a defender.

I think Cordy is going to be the enforcer. Throw a few shirt punches and get into their faces.

Jong is the bigger body mid for Lipinski.

Vandermeer in for one of the fwds ? I wonder if someone needs a rest or carrying a niggle ??

A long list of emergencies, I wonder if there could be a last minute change? Bevo keeping everyone guessing.

I hope our bigger body midfield is going to maul them and tackle the living daylights out of them ClaySmith/Picken style!

Post Thanks / Like

McNeal was just starting to win me over, almost ot the point where I'd keep him in the team.. Then he gets dropped. And Scott, still in, still wondering why? Young given a spell after one AVERAGE game, I'm actually perplexed at these changes.

We're going to show up to fight and GWS are gonna show up to play football, reversal of last year.
    "Its always good to win the Ashes test match'' - Libba, AFL Grand Final, 2016

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The bulldog tragician View Post
    That might make sense if we hadn’t brought in a midfielder/winger in Lin. Pat gets treated very harshly as does Lewy, and it has to be contrasted in the persistent faith shown over the last couple of years in “project players.” I guess this time tomorrow we will know more about whether this has been an act of genius but even the sheer number of ins to a side playing good footy is perplexing.
    The tough thing is we don't know why Pat and Lew seem to be marked harshly, if they are at all.

On face value with Pat he's in the mix with an unusual amount of competition at the moment and it's pretty much always been the case that Bevo likes Jong (in 2016 he was starting 22 in the finals when we were healthy), so perhaps it's just a straight swap as a result of preference. I like Pat because he's clean with his hands and is a good kick whilst clearly putting on some size over the last year he's potentially not as reliable in the contest as he could be. Jong brings decent hands, strength in the contest but isn't as classy. Perhaps we're just looking for more grunt as we roll into the season?

With Lew I hate using this as something to judge his footy on, however, every time I have seen him interviewed he just seems so young......(boom-tish). Seriously, I think he comes across as extremely talented but immature. You can see it in his body, and in the traits he brings onto the ground. He's not a pushover, though like a lot of younger and immature players he can do good things and still not seem reliable or consistent.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vred View Post
    McNeal was just starting to win me over, almost ot the point where I'd keep him in the team.. Then he gets dropped. And Scott, still in, still wondering why? Young given a spell after one AVERAGE game, I'm actually perplexed at these changes.

We're going to show up to fight and GWS are gonna show up to play football, reversal of last year.
    Easy Chewbacca........we're 5-0, let's leave the capitals out until we've lost a game!

Post Thanks / Like

Where's Danjul.......I'm wondering that if I go to bed whether the sun will come up in the morning given he/ she/ whatever pronoun hasn't posted a Lew Young vs. Cordy stats ensemble.

13. Likes Yankee Hotel Foxtrot, Axe Man liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vred View Post

McNeil is listed as managed. Bevo mentioned in press conference last week that we struggled to cover the ground later in the Suns game so I'd say we are utilising our depth.
    Last edited by Grantysghost; 23-04-2021 at 01:02 PM.

15. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Given how well several of our guys played last night for Footscray, you'd like to think the side playing tonight against GWS will be extra motivated to hit their KPIs. Competition for spots hasn't been this strong for a long time.
    Last edited by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot; 23-04-2021 at 09:15 AM.

17. Likes Threedogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Where's Danjul.......I'm wondering that if I go to bed whether the sun will come up in the morning given he/ she/ whatever pronoun hasn't posted a Lew Young vs. Cordy stats ensemble.
    We’re going too well so don’t need to be used in place of anyone’s therapy at the moment. Can only hope we keep winning.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

19. Likes jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    With Lew I hate using this as something to judge his footy on, however, every time I have seen him interviewed he just seems so young......(boom-tish). Seriously, I think he comes across as extremely talented but immature. You can see it in his body, and in the traits he brings onto the ground. He's not a pushover, though like a lot of younger and immature players he can do good things and still not seem reliable or consistent.
    Young reminds me of Cam Wight. Just so goddamn close to being an AFL footballer but just... not.
    He'll frustrate us all for the next few years.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

21. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post