Thanks Thanks:  97
Likes Likes:  455
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who would you have JMac target this year?

Griffen is so cooked, he's been terrible for 3 years now and couldn't even get on the park this year. Forget everything extrinsic, it's a terrible idea from a list management perspective.

I *would* consider however it if it meant getting a similar deal to Carlton got with Palmer, as extra consideration for a want-away young player. Although perusing their contract statuses, only Kennedy (who is okay), Smith (going to Carlton) and De Boer (lol) seem to be coming out of contract, so it's probably not worth pursuing.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Correct. By the last game at Etihad it was apparent that Brown wasn't staying even though Darce had recommitted. I remember he did a little lap of honour that was punctuated by a fair bit of booing and advice of a personal nature.
    It was apparent half way during the season Brown wasn't staying. He bought a pub in Richmond with Wayne Campbell and he was hovering over the top of the Morning Peninsula in a helicopter with the Richmond President. He was showing him which bit of land would be is if he joined the Tigers.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Ablett has requested a trade to Geelong (what a shock). Be hard to get both he and Stringer you would assume.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm happy to go with a few holes that need covering . Pace and ball use going forward . Motlop would be ideal, as would a mobile ruck like Martin . The forward half is a problem, in particular if we lose Stringer . Gaff would also fit a need , but not sure who to look for in the forward 50

Post Thanks / Like

I assume by all the replies it was a serious question. 'No' in the strongest possible terms from me. Walked out on us as captain, showed utter disdain for the club and members. That, and the fact he's broken down. We complain every week about being slow, he's not going to help that. Oh, and he walked out on the club whilst captain. No bloody way.
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

6. Likes Topdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Ablett has requested a trade to Geelong (what a shock). Be hard to get both he and Stringer you would assume.
    It could open doors as well. We don't want pick 20 so it has to be their first rounder next year plus a sweetener. I mentioned Rory Thompson in the Stringer thread.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    It could open doors as well. We don't want pick 20 so it has to be their first rounder next year plus a sweetener. I mentioned Rory Thompson in the Stringer thread.
    Yeah I tend to think that it opens more doors than it closes. It should mean that Gold Coasts playing and draft sticks are open for our inspection if Geelong are serious about getting Ablett.

It'd be a mega trade.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Hi GVGjr, tell us more about Rory Thompson. Just looked at this page: http://www.goldcoastfc.com.au/player.../rory-thompson

He is 200 cm and appears to be a backman. Could help with the big forwards we do so badly against? Quick for his size? Can he ruck? Is he a reliable mark?

He is red-headed so that's something different !!

Dear BT (and our other knowledgeable posters):
    Put your fantastic Trading Manager's Cap(s) on - what wouldbe some fair 3 way deals with Geelong & GC?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by josie View Post
    Hi GVGjr, tell us more about Rory Thompson. Just looked at this page: http://www.goldcoastfc.com.au/player.../rory-thompson

He is 200 cm and appears to be a backman. Could help with the big forwards we do so badly against? Quick for his size? Can he ruck? Is he a reliable mark?

Put your fantastic Trading Manager's Cap(s) on - what wouldbe some fair 3 way deals with Geelong & GC?
    Thompson has had some injury troubles over the last couple of years and the Gold Coast but when fit he's a solid defender. I think it would be worth having a talk to him and the Suns.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

11. Likes kruder liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Remember both Stringer and Ablett would be going to Geelong, it's not like Ablett is going from Geelong to GC for GC to send us a player to make a 3 way deal. Geelong needs to give something to both clubs which makes a Stringer trade less likely
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

13. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hang on a minute. Did I fall off a ladder at work and hit my head? Why are we talking about trading back Griffen? Not only did he walk out on us as the captain he is a shadow of his best form and that's when he can even get back on the park.

So it's a hell no from me.
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

15. Likes bulldogtragic, Topdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by josie View Post

I wish I could but as boydogs states below, I'm struggling with the logic on how it works. Also, if we have Trengrove and all our other tall defenders, maybe Lever if we change his mind. Adding in another tall defender seems a bit too much.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Getting Trengove would rule out Thompson for me . I'd rather Peter Griffin from Family guy than the other Griffin.

18. Likes chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Sam Lansberger has a story on Bomber president Campbell meeting Stringer .

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    Sam Lansberger has a story on Bomber president Campbell meeting Stringer .
    Which says?
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.