Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  60
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Western Bulldogs bring in AFL to investigate 'leak' to Adelaide Crows

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    So I guess those Hawthorn players are all lying...
    My reference to kicking up a stink was in relation to the club finding out the decision being move along nothing in it.

I'm pretty sure everyone else with the exception of Bulldog fans have forgotten about this. So job done by the AFL. Might see a little article hidden away in the 6th page with the findings.

2. Thanks Maddog37 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jaytee View Post
    My reference to kicking up a stink was in relation to the club finding out the decision being move along nothing in it.

I'm pretty sure everyone else with the exception of Bulldog fans have forgotten about this. So job done by the AFL. Might see a little article hidden away in the 6th page with the findings.
    I was completely agreeing with you. If the Talias are cleared, one assessment is the Hawthorn players cannot be trusted as to their evidence or they've lied. The afl would be stoked to send this message out that whistleblowers won't be believed so don't be a whistleblower. And if normal politics in this country is maintained, it will be released tonight or tomorrow morning.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy'sLore View Post
    Or are they waiting till Cup Day to announce their findings, to smother the story?
    The cynic in me says there could be something to that.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

No sanctions expected against Talia brothers for allegedly leaking Bulldogs' game plan

The investigation into the alleged leaking of the Western Bulldogs' game plan is drawing to a close with no sanctions expected to be laid against the Talia brothers or the Adelaide Football Club.
    After an official complaint from the Bulldogs, the AFL's integrity department has questioned both former Bulldog Michael Talia, his brother Daniel and Adelaide staff including football boss David Noble.

The league investigators also examined the Crows' match-day notes for the elimination final, which saw Adelaide narrowly defeat the Bulldogs.
    It is understood that while no charges or penalties are expected, the competition's governing body will reinforce the importance of integrity and the need for privacy regarding any match day or tactical information.

FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

In other words, they're guilty but we're not going to admit it publicly because it might damage the brand. A stage managed outcome, welcome to the AFL, as predictable as night follows day.
    Western Bulldogs: We exist to win premierships

7. Thanks bulldogtragic thanked for this post
    Likes bornadog, Twodogs, SonofScray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

We all expected this and can now move on. Good riddance to Talia!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not surprised but still disappointed.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm just confused at this point. Last night on 7 news, Mark Stevens said investigation has been very thorough, with participants still to be interviewed/reinterviewed.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PeanutsPeanuts View Post
    I'm just confused at this point. Last night on 7 news, Mark Stevens said investigation has been very thorough, with participants still to be interviewed/reinterviewed.
    Caro is saying no sanctions expected. She is probably right, but final decision not out yet.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Caro is saying no sanctions expected. She is probably right, but final decision not out yet.
    Caro is the unofficial mouthpiece of the AFL, so take it to the bank that there will be no sanctions

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I know, but when one well connected journo is saying there are reinterviews to happen and plenty yet to come, and another is saying the whole thing is about to be wrapped up with no significant findings expected, it is hard to know what the truth is.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PeanutsPeanuts View Post
    I know, but when one well connected journo is saying there are reinterviews to happen and plenty yet to come, and another is saying the whole thing is about to be wrapped up with no significant findings expected, it is hard to know what the truth is.
    I think we will never know the real truth.

Post Thanks / Like

Being honest, did we expect anything more from the AFL? Don't get me wrong, it's BS of the highest order but they've met my low expectation of them so i'm not too perturbed. When you have no to low expectations of the AFL, it's a fair bit easier to process. Either way, the club strongly believed he did it and sent him packing to another club which wasn't his intended destination. We cut out the cancer and made a point of the importance of loyalty between the other boys. That's a win for setting standards internally.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

16. Likes 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Which club did he end up at anyway?
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Which club did he end up at anyway?
    Who are we talking about?