Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  18
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: “this is now the best midfield in the competition”: Dal santo

Croz form prior to that BS suspension was very good, dropped way off after that.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Croz form prior to that BS suspension was very good, dropped way off after that.
    I thought he started the season well and a suspension and a couple of injuries mixed with a move up forward limited his effectiveness
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Given how well we deal with expectation ... I fear this early assessment and many like it are going to be gleefully stuffed down our throat every time we don't dominate.

So we're just gonna have to live up to it.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post
    Given how well we deal with expectation ... I fear this early assessment and many like it are going to be gleefully stuffed down our throat every time we don't dominate.

So we're just gonna have to live up to it.
    Meeting the hype can prove challenging, if we think it's just going to happen because we have added Treloar we could easily come up short on the expectations
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Agree - I think the headline should be Potential Best. Let's face it, we haven't been in a position like this for a very long time.

The Grandfinal year, we rotated something like 9 players through the centre at times to compensate, plus the third man up helped us.
    10 if you consider Libba's complete role change at half time (an underrated reason we actually won the game)
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

6. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    It's not just that.

I still maintain the best midfields have BALANCE. The Lions had the fab 4 in Black, Voss, Lappin and Aker...but Hart was there as well playing a key role on the best opposition mid.
    "Rowan Jones was underrated" board

(Libba sacrificing his game in the 2016 grand final doesn't get enough love)
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    10 if you consider Libba's complete role change at half time (an underrated reason we actually won the game)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    (Libba sacrificing his game in the 2016 grand final doesn't get enough love)
    Yes Libba's century was really a sparkling knock, one of the best I have seen at the 'G.

9. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    It will only be the best midfield in the competition if it shows up unconditionally week to week and runs both ways.
    Really it's the same midfield as last year but with Treloar who can add a bit more run and some long random wayward kicking.

We will still get beaten if we don't work hard defensively, which is where we started so slowly last year.

The big concern for me is that with this so called "embarrassment of riches", that we will do what we usually do and play like we assume someone else will do all the hard work and we all wait for the soft stuff.

Don't let it get to your heads dogs, we still have a below average Ruck department, a forward line which can struggle to kick goals, a small defence that has a history of struggling against the big forwards and a lack of go to marking targets in general play.

I think the forward line will improve, and the running option in vanders, treloar and smith will help get it in there faster. Still have doubts about our ability to stop the counter attack goals where we turn it over and the opposition explodes, opens us up and walks into an easy goal. This burned us so many times the last two years, our lack or runners and leg speed both ways, and slow defenders that get caught out.

11. Likes mjp liked this post