Thanks Thanks:  8
Likes Likes:  18
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Just Another Philosophical Thread

He seems to be getting his just deserts now, as is my brother who changed to Carlton as an eight year old.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    he certainly kicks better than his old man!
    You know Chris?
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Nice kick, does seem to put a bit of air under it at times but looks like a type we will need coming through in a couple of years.

I am very, very suss on anyone who makes their own 10-minute highlight package though.
    Done by a mate at the request of a club. Otherwise I would agree.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

4. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    You know Chris?
    he was a pretty good footballer at school level. went to the same school for a couple of years
    Listening to Brahm's 3rd Racket

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    He seems to be getting his just deserts now, as is my brother who changed to Carlton as an eight year old.
    I guess we have to cut an eight year old a bit of slack, but a 38 year old - no way. He said to me once in the 90s "Gee, the Dogs are going well."
    "Pity you don't barrack for them anymore." was my terse reply.
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

7. Thanks bulldogtragic thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow. That's pretty low. Essendon.

One of my relos decided she would barrack for North back in the 70s. We don't see them anymore.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

9. Likes bornadog, merantau liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Whenever my daughter gets married, her husband better be a doggies supporter, or he better not make her change, and grandchild MUST be doggies supporters. I will make sure and influence them.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

11. Likes GVGjr, Bulldog4life, merantau liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks pretty good on the footage but I'm wary of picking up a state league smokie after the Matt Fuller experiment turned into an utter bust.

It's also tied into my aversion to left footed South Australian flankers which is my I'm hoping we steer clear of Riley Bonner.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Living in Bendigo you don't often meet Bulldog supporters but whenever I see someone wearing Bulldog colours I always talk to them. I've never been brushed off. There's always an instant rapport and it comes from knowing that we are not just your common garden football supporters. We are more than that. We are for real. Anyone can jump on a bandwagon for a free ride. We've been pushing the bandwagon down the road, up the hill, digging it out of the sand, freeing it from the mud, putting the wheels back on and mending the axles. And we'll keep on doing it until we reach our destination. Why? Because that's who we are and that's what we do.
    When I tied my heart to the Bulldog's wagon it was for keeps.
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

14. Likes GVGjr, Twodogs, Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by merantau View Post
    Living in Bendigo you don't often meet Bulldog supporters but whenever I see someone wearing Bulldog colours I always talk to them. I've never been brushed off. There's always an instant rapport and it comes from knowing that we are not just your common garden football supporters. We are more than that. We are for real. Anyone can jump on a bandwagon for a free ride. We've been pushing the bandwagon down the road, up the hill, digging it out of the sand, freeing it from the mud, putting the wheels back on and mending the axles. And we'll keep on doing it until we reach our destination. Why? Because that's who we are and that's what we do.
    Hang around The All Seasons Hotel like a groupie. They're Stringers player sponsor and he's known to frequent and spend time chatting with the bulldog faithful.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

16. Thanks merantau thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Whenever my daughter gets married, her husband better be a doggies supporter, or he better not make her change, and grandchild MUST be doggies supporters. I will make sure and influence them.
    I love the concept BAD but take it from me a lot easier said than done. I have 3 daughters "all" with husband/boyfriends following other teams. Two following Hawthorn and one Geelong. Despite threats about leaving them out of my Will they won't listen.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    I love the concept BAD but take it from me a lot easier said than done. I have 3 daughters "all" with husband/boyfriends following other teams. Two following Hawthorn and one Geelong. Despite threats about leaving them out of my Will they won't listen.
    When it comes to who follows what team I am hoping force of personality, love of the product and dirty lowdown threats will carry the bulldog argument for me.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    When it comes to who follows what team I am hoping force of personality, love of the product and dirty lowdown threats will carry the bulldog argument for me.
    I started here first Twodogs. Maybe I should have left it to last.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    A threat is only as good as the intention to do it. Next family dinner hold it at The Slater & Gordon boardroom, catered and and have a lawyer do a power point presentation of your proposed new will and testament followed by a highlight package of Jake Stringer. When they rush to join as Bulldogs For Life you can send me a bottle of Grange!
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by merantau View Post
    Well said merantau. Were you overseas before Bendigo in Indonesia? Any Doggies people over there?
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"