Thanks Thanks:  113
Likes Likes:  1,267
Page 72 of 97 FirstFirst ... 22626364656667686970717273747576777879808182 ... LastLast
Results 1,066 to 1,080 of 1454

Thread: New Members

Post Thanks / Like

Re: New Members

Quote Originally Posted by Critter View Post
    Greetings all. I'm a new member and a passionate Bulldog. I loved Steve Kretiuk and still hope that, one day, a Mark II Kretiuk will pop up on our playing list and strike fear into the hearts of opposition forwards.
    Cheers.
    Welcome aboard Critters. Kretiuk was a beauty and as tough as they come.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Nut 1. n. colloquial term for cricket ball.
    Nut 2. n. person who doesn't appreciate the Beatles
    Show me on the doll where I said I didn't appreciate the Beatles?

I said they were overrated.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post

You've got me there.

Post Thanks / Like

Revolver and Rubber Soul I reckon are up there with the best albums of all time. Beg to differ they were over rated. So influential to other musicians then and now. Doubt there will be another band in my lifetime that reaches their compositional heights (IMO Steely Dan, Joni M, and Bacharach did but if you don’t like jazz or Latin American influences and a lot of folks don’t….) and bridges generations (Abba did and although I’ve got a big soft spot for them they were pure fun, albeit very talented, pop confection and not as varied in their compositions) and appreciated and adapted by musicians from different musical genres; classical, pop, rock and jazz.

Now I’ve got that off my chest… Big Welcome all new woofers. Wonderful to see such an influx, hardly surprising considering the excellent pre-season reports and friendly banter on all things footy and not.
    Last edited by josie; 31-01-2023 at 08:18 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by josie View Post
    Revolver and Rubber Soul I reckon are up there with the best albums of all time. Beg to differ they were over rated. So influential to other musicians then and now. Doubt there will be another band in my lifetime that reaches their compositional heights (IMO Steely Dan, Joni M, and Bacharach did but if you don’t like jazz or Latin American influences and a lot of folks don’t….) and bridges generations (Abba did and although I’ve got a big soft spot for them they were pure fun, albeit very talented, pop confection and not as varied in their compositions) and appreciated and adapted by musicians from different musical genres; classical, pop, rock and jazz.

Now I’ve got that off my chest… Big Welcome all new woofers. Wonderful to see such an influx, hardly surprising considering the excellent pre-season reports and friendly banter on all things footy and not.
    Nah it's fine that you've got a different opinion. It's ok to be wrong.

6. Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Nah it's fine that you've got a different opinion. It's ok to be wrong.
    https://www.truelocal.com.au/busines...d-co/footscray

Post Thanks / Like

My number one tip for new members navigating the site - rather than going to individual forums and looking for updated threads, use the 'new posts' button (look beneath the bulldog emblem, under HOMEPAGE).

Post Thanks / Like

Most lot of new members I can remember since I have started on the mighty WOOF forum. Give yourself a clap.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    My number one tip for new members navigating the site - rather than going to individual forums and looking for updated threads, use the 'new posts' button (look beneath the bulldog emblem, under HOMEPAGE).
    Yeah agree JD, or the activity stream which works well.

Post Thanks / Like

While I have been a member for a long while I havent always been a regular contributor. I love the analogies Gaz has used to try and encourage turning my many visits to WOOF in to some more regular contributions. One of them was something like
    "Stevo, the site needs more oars in the water and you cant be "lay down" Sally Robinson and expect the site to work"
    He was right and that one jolted me out of my lazy haze. I shouldnt take this site for granted.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stevo View Post
    While I have been a member for a long while I havent always been a regular contributor. I love the analogies Gaz has used to try and encourage turning my many visits to WOOF in to some more regular contributions. One of them was something like
    "Stevo, the site needs more oars in the water and you cant be "lay down" Sally Robinson and expect the site to work"
    He was right and that one jolted me out of my lazy haze. I shouldnt take this site for granted.
    Yeah Stevo, FFS.

Welcome back mate, dig your post.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to all recent new woof members.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Hello everyone, came across this forum by chance following links and enjoyed the preseason training summaries - thanks to all - so joined to keep up with great updates. Life time bulldog at 70. Go Dogs.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Matjoh View Post
    Hello everyone, came across this forum by chance following links and enjoyed the preseason training summaries - thanks to all - so joined to keep up with great updates. Life time bulldog at 70. Go Dogs.
    Welcome aboard MatJoh.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stevo View Post
    Giving away trade secrets there Stevo