Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  60
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Moment, rnd 2, 2021: Western Bulldogs vs West Coast Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    From memory, that's the 2nd time Gardner has tipped a kick when standing on the nark close to goal. Goid job Gard, remaining switched on.
    He did it for a kick after the half time siren last year either against West Coast or Gold Coast....but definitely in a game we won by under a kick.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kruder View Post
    Not sure if it has been mentioned but how the hell did Cripps kick into the man on the mark 15 metres out at the start of the last? A sliding doors moment thats for sure.
    Simpson mentioned this in his presso. He said there were a number of smothers touches and his players just couldn't get it right.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

The moment could have been Hunter's decision to toe poke under pressure directly to 3 Eagles mids before Williams saved his bacon - Bevo has mentioned it twice, once in the post match presser and again in his AFL 360 appearance last night, so I imagine Lachie copped it for that one
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    From memory, that's the 2nd time Gardner has tipped a kick when standing on the nark close to goal. Goid job Gard, remaining switched on.
    Pretty sure it's his third.

For all the criticism he gets he is elite in something I didn't even know was a thing.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    The moment could have been Hunter's decision to toe poke under pressure directly to 3 Eagles mids before Williams saved his bacon - Bevo has mentioned it twice, once in the post match presser and again in his AFL 360 appearance last night, so I imagine Lachie copped it for that one
    Yeah I’ve watched that bit of play probably 10 times now and every time I cringe a little more. I get what he was trying to do but wow that would’ve and probably should’ve hurt.

Williams was amazing winning that contest but what on earth was the West Coast guy thinking looking for Ryan instead of the two guys all on their own in front of him?
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Williams was amazing winning that contest but what on earth was the West Coast guy thinking looking for Ryan instead of the two guys all on their own in front of him?
    Someone posted a video of the final minute online from the perspective of level 3. It's amazing that when the kick is taken to that contest Bailey Williams is probably 30m away. If Ryan doesn't lead Bailey probably stays deep and the two other Eagles have a shot from 40m out on the run.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

With the Gardner smother, stupid question here. But with the new rule to stand are you actually allowed to jump for the smother? Also when jumping technically should it be literally straight up and down which is almost impossible to do?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post
    With the Gardner smother, stupid question here. But with the new rule to stand are you actually allowed to jump for the smother? Also when jumping technically should it be literally straight up and down which is almost impossible to do?
    It's a good question. Stupid rule but a good question.

Short answer is I don't know. Long answer is I think that you can but only straight up and down.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Jumping up and down is fine. Any deviation forward, backward or to the side would be 50m.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by soupaman View Post
    Someone posted a video of the final minute online from the perspective of level 3. It's amazing that when the kick is taken to that contest Bailey Williams is probably 30m away. If Ryan doesn't lead Bailey probably stays deep and the two other Eagles have a shot from 40m out on the run.
    Do you have a link?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Jumping up and down is fine. Any deviation forward, backward or to the side would be 50m.
    They swallowed the whistle on this rule this weekend I reckon. Barrass got away with one late that was text book.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

It was a supreme effort by Gardner to touch that Cripp's kick. He got down low on his haunches and rocketted upward with fingers high.

Post Thanks / Like

I was harsh on Gardner during the game but having watched replay he did ok. Hoping his confidence grows and he can mark rather than always punch, and that he learns to keep his weight low so not so easily bumped off in 1 on 1 contests. He gives his all, that much is clear. Our cognitive bias can play a part in what we “see” and remember, knowing this and ensuring e do not for it are two different things. Without that touched kick I think we were gone too. Good moment to select Kruder.

For me the 3 last goals by Bruce, Naughts & Bont were outstanding in light of our goal kicking wobbles & I hope it grows confidence for them & rest of team. Not really a moment but lived Macrae having a snap - it missed but love to see him have a go from close range. Such a gun and even better if he snags a few more goals.

I’m warming to McNeill too but really hope Cav and West get a go soon too.

14. Likes merantau liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Do you have a link?
    I think it is this one:

https://twitter.com/cousinrod/status...99828053143554
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

16. Likes Smads57, Mofra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks BAD. That's epic.