Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Team Round 7

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Team Round 7

The calls of Skinner to get a game is part of the 20 game rule, the MC obviously follow that same rule.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by marcov View Post
    I am all for bringing young guys in but I fear we may lose this game through too many players with too little experience. I hope I am wrong because kiss goodbye any chance at the top 4 if we lose.

Marcov if we took our Dogs supporter hats off and looked at the way we have played and the apparent slowing down of players like Huddo, Hall, Gia and Gilbee (allowances for Lake and Shaggy due to injury) you would surely have to say top four is beyond us at this stage anyway.

Cats, Pies Blues, Freo, Dons and maybe Hawks all look better than us. Things can change for sure but we are more hoping for top4 than anything else........

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maddog37 View Post
    Marcov if we took our Dogs supporter hats off and looked at the way we have played and the apparent slowing down of players like Huddo, Hall, Gia and Gilbee (allowances for Lake and Shaggy due to injury) you would surely have to say top four is beyond us at this stage anyway.

Cats, Pies Blues, Freo, Dons and maybe Hawks all look better than us. Things can change for sure but we are more hoping for top4 than anything else........
    Cats Pies yes, but Freo - we should have won that game.
    Essendon ran over us pretty convincingly, but disagree that Hawks look better than us. that'll be sorted out when they play us and depends which Hawthorn decides to turn up, but not before.
    Collingwood have a crap VFL side and ours is firing, so here's hoping for a wave of injuries to strike them down!
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EJ Smith View Post
    I am intrigued by the new injury type - general soreness.

Seems to have emerged part way through last year.

Is this caused by global warming or something similar?

Can't imagine EJ ever missing a game through "General Soreness"

Libba: Sorry Rocket. I won't be able to play this week!
    Rocket: Why?
    Libba: I've cracked it for General Soreness!

Dear me!!!!
    General soreness = hiding an injury/rested/disciplinary reasons we do not want to divulge.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desipura View Post
    General soreness = hiding an injury/rested/disciplinary reasons we do not want to divulge.
    I think this is more the case, very concerning considering its Higgins.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maddog37 View Post

I dont disagree with you but any hope can be kissed goodbye if we lose this week.

With our best 22 firing, and yes we are yet to see it, I think only the Pies are definitely better than us. Potentially we can beat any other team. Is there any team that you would say we dont have a chance against? Collingwoood... perhaps. Any other match I reckon we could pull it off.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    Wasn't it Grants handball to a under pressure Stack that cost us the game?
    Excuses.

Grant was under pressure too, he still managed to handball to Stack who had the same reaction time as the would be tackler to make a decision except he made a dreadful one, couldn't have been any worse really. Most handballs are under pressure.

Post Thanks / Like

I think this is more the case, very concerning considering its Higgins.
    I have heard that Higgins is a very strong chance to return next week.

On Libba you could see he was labouring last week... a weeks rest will do him the world of good.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    Anyone else as puzzled by the moves with Stack as I am?

Is his selection this week an acknowledgement that he shouldn't have been dropped or did he do 'something' unrelated to footy that led to the demotion? I don't understand this one.
    Perhaps they didn't want to play him against Collingwood?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post

On Libba you could see he was labouring last week... a weeks rest will do him the world of good.
    A good move in my opinion.

Don't want to wear him down too much in his first year.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberdoggie View Post
    Perhaps they didn't want to play him against Collingwood?
    Dennis Cemetti mentioned last year that Stack played all his games against lesser opposition and would get dropped against the stronger teams, perhaps there is more to this.

Post Thanks / Like

Just been to training at Manuka Oval. Looks like 22 is as selected - certainly didn't see any players there other than the 22.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Templeton31 View Post
    Just been to training at Manuka Oval. Looks like 22 is as selected - certainly didn't see any players there other than the 22.
    No back up (23rd player), surprised to see that. Thought it was common practice to take an extra?
    "Loves a scrap....oh yeah & he's a pretty handy footballer as well"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post

Great to hear on Higgo and agree on Libba, the lad is only 18 I believe.

Post Thanks / Like

Excuses.

Grant was under pressure too, he still managed to handball to Stack who had the same reaction time as the would be tackler to make a decision except he made a dreadful one, couldn't have been any worse really. Most handballs are under pressure.
    Not excuses, I'm just sick of certain players being the scape goats unfairly. Some people alround here just pick and choose who they want to blame.

Stick it up them Stacky.
    The curse is dead.