Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  23
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Indigenous Round 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Roscoe_G View Post
    Agree with GVGjr,

A pre-game performance would have been more appropriate, assuming it was for entertainment and/or educational purposes. However, my inkling is that was not intended in that form.

To quote from Robb's article today:

"I liked the dance. I liked the passion. I liked his courage. And then he got back to footy.

Still, five seconds of passion will no doubt come at a cost."

100% agree!! It is the "cost" that is perhaps to be determined.
    Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    As I have previously mentioned, it's a war dance and that wasn't directed towards the opposition before the battle.
    I am sorry I fail to see why you even care why Goodes did what he did. To me it was a celebration of kicking a goal during indigenous round. Didn't hurt anyone? Didn't abuse any one. Dare I say, it was not a big deal.

Is the AFL so sanitized now that a player has to be a robot for the whole game.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

2. Likes chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-mat...29-ghczi4.html

Goodes said in an on-field interview straight after the game his celebration was about his pride in his heritage and not a reaction to any heckling or taunts from within the crowd.

"Not at all mate," he said. "It's Indigenous round. I'm proud to represent."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    I really dont care either way Gary, i quoted what Adam actually said others have said he aimed it at the crowd and if he did im cool with that . I'm sure theres a bit of both TBH.

I don't see why people are getting so worked up about why he did, he obviously felt the need and it look fantastic. Adam is not some tool who lucky enough to be good at football, he a very classy 'citizen' and someone who's going to be involved in the he public eye (politics perhaps) for a very long time.
    Who's getting worked up?
    I'd like to know why a war dance was directed towards fans and there is varying reasons and views being given. If the crowd deserved it then someone needs to say so.

I do believe the more appropriate time is before the game especially given it's an Indigenous round. If there is another reason for the display then I'd like to hear what the trigger was.

Adam Goodes is a sensational ambassador for the game but I still can't work out what the trigger was. I'd like to know if there was more to it than just his version of a snake Bakers double thumbs up to the fans.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

5. Likes chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

" ... snake Bakers double thumbs up to the fans."

Come on GVGjnr, Snake Baker must be appropriately capitalised! Snake Baker .... an incredibly fond reminiscence!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I am sorry I fail to see why you even care why Goodes did what he did. To me it was a celebration of kicking a goal during indigenous round. Didn't hurt anyone? Didn't abuse any one. Dare I say, it was not a big deal.

Is the AFL so sanitized now that a player has to be a robot for the whole game.
    BAD, you are doling out the old cliches without offering an explanation. If it was a celebration of a goal why did it need to be a war dance directed towards the fans not the opposition team? I'm just wanting to know if it was it triggered by the crowds behaviour?
    I enjoy the haka and it's a great part or Rugby Union and I would certainly embrace a similar display in Indigenous rounds.

By the way, if it's not a big deal why have every media outlet been discussing it?

Post Thanks / Like

By the way, if it's not a big deal why have every media outlet been discussing it?
    Because they have nothing better to do with their stupid little lives. Any deviation from the norm and bang, lets make a headline.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

9. Likes chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Because they have nothing better to do with their stupid little lives. Any deviation from the norm and bang, lets make a headline.
    Hamish mclachlin was trying as hard as he could to make a mountain of this molehill last night
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Who's getting worked up?
    I'd like to know why a war dance was directed towards fans and there is varying reasons and views being given. If the crowd deserved it then someone needs to say so.

I do believe the more appropriate time is before the game especially given it's an Indigenous round. If there is another reason for the display then I'd like to hear what the trigger was.

Adam Goodes is a sensational ambassador for the game but I still can't work out what the trigger was. I'd like to know if there was more to it than just his version of a snake Bakers double thumbs up to the fans.
    Fair enough mate. I don't feel the need of an explanation myself, but im happy with what Adam did give last night anyway .
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not a Goddes fan as a footballer for the same reasons Revolt annoys me but I loved that last night and thought it was a perfect moment that only enhanced Indigenous round.

Hopefully it will be replayed for years to come and that young indigenous kids grow up wanting be like Adam Or Brett Goodes who both seem like outstanding people.

13. Likes chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Who's getting worked up?

I'm interested to know why you are so determined to get to the bottom of it. I would think it was done due to a cumulative set of circumstances that erupted on Indigenous round. He's been booed for weeks and weeks and the elephant in the room is that many people think the booing has racial overtones.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    I for one am glad it wasn't stage managed before the game.
    Same here.

I really liked it. It looked cool. And part of its appeal was it was spontaneous and in the moment.

If it was put on as a feature before the game, or the whole team did it it would be lame and manufactured. The Haka is cool, but thats because it means something to their countries identity and is a real battle cry. I can't think of anything more cringeworthy than a team of players pretending some choreography means anything to them.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

16. Likes chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    I'm interested to know why you are so determined to get to the bottom of it. I would think it was done due to a cumulative set of circumstances that erupted on Indigenous round. He's been booed for weeks and weeks and the elephant in the room is that many people think the booing has racial overtones.
    Great question, the reasons given by Goodes dont match the actions. If it's a culmination of a number of things and especially the point you have speculated then I think more will be gained if that is brought to light. We must face racial overtones full on if that was the catalyst.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Enjoying watching Port chase tail in 25 degree heat.
    "Loves a scrap....oh yeah & he's a pretty handy footballer as well"