Thanks Thanks:  7
Likes Likes:  54
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Western Bulldogs savage AFL over alleged Talia leak

Quote Originally Posted by Nuggety Back Pocket View Post
    Sadly Harvey Stevens was discharged from Knox Private Hospital this morning with terminal cancer. What a thrill it was for the AFL to invite Harvey and his wife together with 5 remaining members of our 1954 Premiership team and their wives to the 'G' for our second flag.

Sorry to hear about Harvey and hope he is comfortable.

Did he make it to the Grand Final do you know?
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

While the club continues move on from this as an issue, please enjoy this image of Michael in a bikini circa the AFEL's website.

[/url]
    BORDERLINE FLYING

3. Likes bulldogtragic, ratsmac liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Too late for privacy Daniel. You should have thought of that before you chose to tell lies.

This is not going away.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post
    While the club continues move on from this as an issue, please enjoy this image of Michael in a bikini circa the AFEL's website.

[/url]
    Just out of shot there are two blokes from the drug squad chasing him.
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Too late for privacy Daniel. You should have thought of that before you put on that 'shirt'.

This is not going away.
    Edited for accuracy

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure about the timing of this, but I'm glad the documents have been released and I do hope that heads roll.

However Peter Gordon is no fool and knows that negotiations on a new stadium deal are about to take place, not the best time to be making the AFL look foolish. So the line "we have accepted the outcomes of that investigation, and have moved on" is the official line.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Giansiraccuser View Post
    Not sure about the timing of this, but I'm glad the documents have been released and I do hope that heads roll.

However Peter Gordon is no fool and knows that negotiations on a new stadium deal are about to take place, not the best time to be making the AFL look foolish. So the line "we have accepted the outcomes of that investigation, and have moved on" is the official line.
    I have no idea how those two things are related ,stadium deal and the Talia scandal have no bearing on the other at all.

Post Thanks / Like

The plea for privacy via Instagram coupled with a highly emotive photo is a clear act to garner sympathy.

I feel for Harvey and his family - brothers Talia included. It just seems the latter live in an alternate reality in which they think their bullshit passes.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    I have no idea how those two things are related ,stadium deal and the Talia scandal have no bearing on the other at all.
    You're right, as long as we don't stir the pot.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    The plea for privacy via Instagram coupled with a highly emotive photo is a clear act to garner sympathy.

I feel for Harvey and his family - brothers Talia included. It just seems the latter live in an alternate reality in which they think their bullshit passes.
    Am I too harsh to suggest that it is very cynical and distasteful in the extreme to use your grandfather's fight against cancer to garner public sympathy whilst at the same time requesting privacy? I am not doubting the obvious love between grandsons and grandfather, but there was no need whatsoever to link the cancer fight with the 2015 investigation other than to try and come up smelling roses for their behaviour last year.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

12. Likes SonofScray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post

[/url]
    That's actually the official police photo at the scene of his cocaine arrest in that dark Sydney laneway.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Am I too harsh to suggest that it is very cynical and distasteful in the extreme to use your grandfather's fight against cancer to garner public sympathy whilst at the same time requesting privacy? I am not doubting the obvious love between grandsons and grandfather, but there was no need whatsoever to link the cancer fight with the 2015 investigation other than to try and come up smelling roses for their behaviour last year.
    It's probably one of those things that's easy to see from the outside looking in, and potentially not from the inside looking out. I'd like to think I'd take a different route in the same situation.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    The whole 'my grandfather told me nothing gets between family' angle was a little on the nose, IMO.

Who is advising the Talia brothers? Max Markson or Ricky Nixon?
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

BT's Breaking News: Michael Talia asked for a trade back to the Western Bulldogs just before the 2pm deadline. Talia believed that the Western Bulldogs landed awesome Coke, and that it was around the club for virtually nothing.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

17. Likes Twodogs, Sedat, 1eyedog, Throughandthrough liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Very good.

We might leave the Talia Coke jokes for a bit. That's mostly because I wanted to say Coke joke but hes probably had enough.