Thanks Thanks:  211
Likes Likes:  133
Page 12 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 Pre-Season

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2015 Pre-Season

For a start Mick's been well told to paint their club in a more positive light.
    We're not exactly media darlings at the minute either.
    The joint seems relatively happy ( thank god) than it was in Shoctober

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    For a start Mick's been well told to paint their club in a more positive light.
    We're not exactly media darlings at the minute either.
    The joint seems relatively happy ( thank god) than it was in Shoctober
    That was back in BB, it's now AB and we couldn't be happier.
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

Post Thanks / Like

It's going to be awesome watching TB bossing defenders around in a couple of years.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

4. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyone get down to training today?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Go_Dogs View Post
    Anyone get down to training today?
    Missed it.

Post Thanks / Like

A lot of emphasis was put into team work, moving the ball and vision in that session pre Christmas. With the games and the drills.

Has anyone been? Are they still doing the same thing or have they changed?

Post Thanks / Like

For woofers who have been to quite a few training sessions since the beginning of pre season which of our players over the time have really stood out and which have struggled?
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Dogs 'energised' by Beveridge, says Picken

The arrival of Luke Beveridge at the Whitten Oval has re-energised the Western Bulldogs’ playing group, according to tagger Liam Picken.

After an exhaustive search, the Bulldogs appointed Beveridge as their new senior coach in November last year, following the resignation of Brendan McCartney a day after 2014 skipper Ryan Griffen left for Greater Western Sydney.

Picken told westernbulldogs.com.au Beveridge's arrival had brought some stability and positivity back to the club.
    "I think when there is a change at any club you feel more energised, particularly at the start of the year," Picken said.
    "Not only have we got a new coach but we've got 12 new guys and with so many young guys at the club, there's just a really good feel.
    "All the boys have really responded well to Luke. We're all training really well and overall we're just excited to have him on board."

The players returned to the club earlier this week with the list in relatively good condition.

Nearly every player participated in Thursday's gruelling three-hour training session, with defender Dale Morris, ruckman Tom Campbell and midfielder Clay Smith the only players training away from the main group.
    Having spent the past three seasons as an assistant coach at Hawthorn, Beveridge has brought his own flavour to the Bulldogs' pre-season training regime.

No goals have been set for the season proper as yet, but the club is hopeful of building on last season's seven wins despite having lost more than 800 games of experience in the off-season.

"I think generally the whole playing group feels we need to lift and help each other this year," Picken said.
    "There are so many guys here in the younger age bracket that are hoping to step up and help everyone. We just need to share the load."
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

10. Thanks Eastdog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Got down to training but was severely kid encumbered which limited my time and ability to observe the action. My observations are as follows:

Will Minson: appears to have toned up a bit and perhaps lost a few kilos on last season. He looked very athletic and had no trouble getting off the ground for marking and handball receives.

Jordan Roughead: likewise moving well and showing no signs of the 2014 shoulder injury.

Hamlet looks like he is plenty big and strong enough to hold down a KP if he is good enough.

Boydosaur Jnr did not appear to be on the oval.

There was one of our younger small-mid players who has a very blond page boy hairstyle. Wasn't sure if this was Caleb Daniel. If it was, then good that he wears the helmet. If it wasn't, someone do the kid a favour and encourage him to get a haircut. Perhaps it was Roarke Smith on second thoughts. Very fair complexion. Clarification on identity required.

Stevens, Jong, Wood, Picken, Wallis and Crameri all seemed particularly keen and committed in the two drills I got to watch. There was some good robust body contact in the second drill, a handball in traffic affair, which pleased all the punters watching, including me.

The players were split into two groups on either wing with Bevo watching from the centre circle. The training drills were timed and at their conclusion the two groups were whistled into the centre to receive instructions and feed back. Steven King was very hands on and vocal directing the group on the members stand wing which was the group closest to me and from which my observations are drawn.
    Officially on the Bus-wagon

Post Thanks / Like

I will add one more observation from this morning: Talia has developed a real Tarzan physique.

13. Thanks boydogs thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by F'scary View Post
    I will add one more observation from this morning: Talia has developed a real Tarzan physique.
    Thanks for the updates, sounds positive.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Thanks for the updates, sounds positive.
    No probs, BAD. I am going to try and make Thursday's training session, this time by myself.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by F'scary View Post
    No probs, BAD. I am going to try and make Thursday's training session, this time by myself.
    Do you know what time Thursday is?
    Park that car
    Drop that phone
    Sleep on the floor
    Dream about me

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Underdog View Post
    Do you know what time Thursday is?
    9.20am

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    9.20am
    Thanks, that might work
    Park that car
    Drop that phone
    Sleep on the floor
    Dream about me