Thanks Thanks:  211
Likes Likes:  133
Page 13 of 31 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 Pre-Season

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2015 Pre-Season

Quote Originally Posted by F'scary View Post
    I will add one more observation from this morning: Talia has WWI developed a real Tarzan physique.

He's really built up.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=F'scary;418681] Will Minson: appears to have toned up a bit and perhaps lost a few kilos on last season. He looked very athletic /QUOTE]

Was at WO early Sat morning and big Will was doing a lap with some other players and I also thought he was looking less heavy.
    Anyone can support a team that is winning, it takes no courage. But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you, that takes a lot of courage, so lets always be behind our boys and girls in red, white and blue.

3. Likes F'scary liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=Smads57;418726]
    Will Minson: appears to have toned up a bit and perhaps lost a few kilos on last season. He looked very athletic /QUOTE]

Was at WO early Sat morning and big Will was doing a lap with some other players and I also thought he was looking less heavy.
    Looking at him move today, it was a very different picture to how he was lumbering around during some games last season. That back problem he developed over the 2013/14 off season (apparently it started with a long return drive to Qld, IIRC) must have hampered him more than we realised at the time. Big Will always seems to find novel ways to make himself crook.
    Officially on the Bus-wagon

5. Thanks China Dog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=F'scary;418727]
    Quote Originally Posted by Smads57 View Post

Looking at him move today, it was a very different picture to how he was lumbering around during some games last season. That back problem he developed over the 2013/14 off season (apparently it started with a long return drive to Qld, IIRC) must have hampered him more than we realised at the time. Big Will always seems to find novel ways to make himself crook.
    I think also studdying for his engineering exams.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the report F'scary. Really appreciate the training reports fellow Bulldog supporters give for the Bulldogs supporters that can't make it.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    Thanks for the report F'scary. Really appreciate the training reports fellow Bulldog supporters give for the Bulldogs supporters that can't make it.
    Without promising anything, I will see if I can go and do a better job on Thursday - apparently Boyd Jnr was on the park but I managed not to see him even though he was the player I looked to find first (brilliant!).
    Officially on the Bus-wagon

9. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I've mentioned this before but I saw Wil do a somersault (using his hands) a couple of weeks ago. He was chasing a stray footy and had got a bit of a gallop up. It was a pretty agile act for a guy his size.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    I've mentioned this before but I saw Wil do a somersault (using his hands) a couple of weeks ago. He was chasing a stray footy and had got a bit of a gallop up. It was a pretty agile act for a guy his size.
    So from what you have seen at training TD will Big Will have a good 2015?
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Without promising anything, I will see if I can go and do a better job on Thursday - apparently Boyd Jnr was on the park but I managed not to see him even though he was the player I looked to find first (brilliant!).
    Thanks for your report today, and look forward to the next one on Thursday.

Anyone care to make any general observations comparing this pre-season to last, insofar as how much running is being done, and how well drilled we are (as in, attention to detail, rather than skill level etc)?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    So from what you have seen at training TD will Big Will have a good 2015?

I think he will. He looks fit and agile.

14. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Go_Dogs View Post

Anyone care to make any general observations comparing this pre-season to last, insofar as how much running is being done, and how well drilled we are (as in, attention to detail, rather than skill level etc)?
    Most of the training has been conducted in groups. There are three or four groups depending on what activities they are doing.

Most of the sessions have been the medium defenders and some mids playing futball while the inside mids play a handball game that relies on run and spread while the other team defends. I hadn't seen training for a while and they've gotten really good at the handball game since I saw them last.

16. Likes Go_Dogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Go_Dogs View Post

I've only seen a couple of sessions, but everything seems much more structured and professional. The changeover in drills seems short and sharp and each coach knows exactly what they need to be doing.

I dropped in for a quick look yesterday, most players were paired up doing running drills while I was there. Was constant jogging, sprinting and walking. It was fairly brutal.

Minson was the clear stand out, was only paired against Hamling but geez he looks fit.

Hunter was another one who was impressive. Can't recall who he was paired with but he powered away from them.

Stringer stood out like anything with his new haircut. He also pantsed Grant in the running.

Brett Goodes looks in incredible nick. He clearly hasn't had a Christmas break. He will absolutely dominate at VFL level this year, can you future bet on the Liston Medal?

18. Thanks azabob thanked for this post
    Likes F'scary, GVGjr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

For the track watchers, what's your impression of Beveridge so far? How much does he impose himself on the training or does he leave it up to the assistants? How does his style differ to McCartney's if at all when it comes to pre-season....if you can make such an observation at this stage?
    I thought I was wrong once but I was mistaken.

Post Thanks / Like

Some training vision here
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

21. Thanks KT31 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jaytee View Post
    I've only seen a couple of sessions, but everything seems much more structured and professional. The changeover in drills seems short and sharp and each coach knows exactly what they need to be doing
    Thanks. Fits in with what I've heard and is a pretty interesting observation.

The more I hear, the more impressed I am with our new coach.