Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  52
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hub life to the trade period : What life was really like for me in 2020

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    ...so can we ask Josh just to shut up and play footy for a while?

I have had a bit of contact with him in the past and have a lot of affection for him - but my goodness he just seems tone deaf.

The supporters of the club he plays for simply dont want to hear him justifying the reasons why he wanted to leave. And going back to it simply gives the whole situation 'air'. Shut up and play.

I know I am short-tempered with all of this at the moment but I really just wish the players would just give the media a rest until we have done something. I didn't like seeing Treloar on 360 last week and...well, what can I say...I'm grouchy at the world and want performance over publicity.
    It's logical question for the media to ask though and from a clubs perspective if they were to shut him down then it would create an even bigger story. This might be a no win situation for him unless there is an easy way to flat bat the responses other than saying "I will let my footy do the talking".
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

...so can we ask Josh just to shut up and play footy for a while?

I have had a bit of contact with him in the past and have a lot of affection for him - but my goodness he just seems tone deaf.

The supporters of the club he plays for simply dont want to hear him justifying the reasons why he wanted to leave. And going back to it simply gives the whole situation 'air'. Shut up and play.

I know I am short-tempered with all of this at the moment but I really just wish the players would just give the media a rest until we have done something. I didn't like seeing Treloar on 360 last week and...well, what can I say...I'm grouchy at the world and want performance over publicity.
    Hopefully it's the last we hear of it yeah. More performances like on the weekend and I'll forget about the trade the same way we forgot about West seeking a trade once upon a time.

Now that he has said his piece there can't be anything left to add

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    Hopefully it's the last we hear of it yeah. More performances like on the weekend and I'll forget about the trade the same way we forgot about West seeking a trade once upon a time.

Now that he has said his piece there can't be anything left to add
    We should have heard no more once they returned to training after Christmas.

Supporters don't really care? Do they? It happened and end of story.

Also, I hope we never hear about ADs and Collingwood again.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    It's logical question for the media to ask though
    The media didn't ask.

This was written by AFL Columnist Josh Dunkley.

Josh Dunkley needs to write about something else.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

Post Thanks / Like

The media didn't ask.

This was written by AFL Columnist Josh Dunkley.

Josh Dunkley needs to write about something else.
    I'm ok with the article in itself. The content is pretty cookie cutter stuff from a current player.

He admits he struggled and didn't seek help or speak up enough which I think is a strong and useful mental health message for everyone who considers it a weakness to admit they're having issues.

Timing on reflection could've been better (mid season?).

I certainly don't begrudge his right to expand his brand and add things to his resume that can be useful post career, and I'm not sure he owes the fans anything other than doing his best to make the club and team a better place, which you can never fault him for doing as a player.

Also I think it's easy to project our feelings for Essendon onto his decision around the club to move to, but as we know for the players they're just another workplace so personally I don't have any angst around that.

I do certainly share the sentiment it's time to move forward and put this behind him.

Maybe that's what this article did.
    Last edited by Grantysghost; 23-03-2021 at 01:52 PM. Reason: Formatting on phone.

6. Likes Max469 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Article has cooled off some of my dislike for Dunks. If it doesn't keep popping up as a talking point from here and his form is good and we win more often than not, I'll go back to liking him.

Not much in there was unreasonable. It is the Essendon connection that stings. Rest of it is is typical or boring, professional footballers these days, in their own bubble, hub or not.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Also I think it's easy to project our feelings for Essendon onto his decision around the club to move to.
    Happy with all of that but I have to say, I could care less about Essendon - I actually feel sorry for their supporters but living in Perth I'm not dealing with them on a daily basis. I genuinely think they have been put through the ringer with the drugs scandal/Hird/Thompson stuff and whilst I can't really stand the Adam Cooney revisionist history don't really have any issues with the rest of it.

West Coast on the other hand...
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

9. Likes Grantysghost, Raw Toast liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Happy with all of that but I have to say, I could care less about Essendon - I actually feel sorry for their supporters but living in Perth I'm not dealing with them on a daily basis. I genuinely think they have been put through the ringer with the drugs scandal/Hird/Thompson stuff and whilst I can't really stand the Adam Cooney revisionist history don't really have any issues with the rest of it.

West Coast is like Essendon, except their fans actually have reason to be arrogant d*** heads.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

11. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post
    Genuine lolz, I hate that term...but it happened.

Post Thanks / Like

The floors are obviously too hard over there in the West.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

That's a very difficult read, not for what Josh went through, but just how much of a flog he comes across as.

the whole thing with Treloar reeks of a new kid at school and the ostracised kid who nobody likes gravitates to him to try make a new friend.......

16. Likes SonofScray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    The floors are obviously too hard over there in the West.
    It's true, just ask Matt Rowell
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    I'm ok with the article in itself. The content is pretty cookie cutter stuff from a current player.

He admits he struggled and didn't seek help or speak up enough which I think is a strong and useful mental health message for everyone who considers it a weakness to admit they're having issues.

Timing on reflection could've been better (mid season?).

I certainly don't begrudge his right to expand his brand and add things to his resume that can be useful post career, and I'm not sure he owes the fans anything other than doing his best to make the club and team a better place, which you can never fault him for doing as a player.

Also I think it's easy to project our feelings for Essendon onto his decision around the club to move to, but as we know for the players they're just another workplace so personally I don't have any angst around that.

I do certainly share the sentiment it's time to move forward and put this behind him.

Maybe that's what this article did.
    And what’s wrong with that??

I tried to cool down and read the article again to see if I’d been too harsh, but...no.
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

19. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ReLoad View Post
    That's a very difficult read, not for what Josh went through, but just how much of a flog he comes across as.

the whole thing with Treloar reeks of a new kid at school and the ostracised kid who nobody likes gravitates to him to try make a new friend.......
    Treloars wife and Dunks Sister are both playing for the same netball team, so maybe that is what brought them together.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.