Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  13
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: He’s not the Messiah, he’s the Bont: How we knew Bontempelli would be a star

Article title is wrong anyway: he is the Messiah.
    "It's over. It's all over."

2. Likes The bulldog tragician liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: He’s not the Messiah, he’s the Bont: How we knew Bontempelli would be a star

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    Article title is wrong anyway: he is the Messiah.
    I'm not so sure, 'the Bont' title would be a higher ranking.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

We've been flat track bullies the last few years and beaten the also rans of the comp for fun (except Carlton inexplicably), so I'm not so concerned about this being the type of game we drop. It is a banana peel though and I'll happily take the 4 points in whatever form they come in to sit pretty on 3-0.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    We've been flat track bullies the last few years and beaten the also rans of the comp for fun (except Carlton inexplicably), so I'm not so concerned about this being the type of game we drop. It is a banana peel though and I'll happily take the 4 points in whatever form they come in to sit pretty on 3-0.
    I think that was true last year but in 2019 we lost to all of Gold Coast, Carlton, Freo, North and St. Kilda. 5 of the bottom 7 on the ladder

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    I think that was true last year but in 2019 we lost to all of Gold Coast, Carlton, Freo, North and St. Kilda. 5 of the bottom 7 on the ladder
    and beat Richmond, Geelong, GWS and Essendon all in the 8.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Doesn’t have much further to go at Club level to rival a name like Whitten as far as I am concerned.

8. Likes EasternWest liked this post