Thanks Thanks:  13
Likes Likes:  60
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Western Bulldogs Statement

The Western Bulldogs strongly condemns the harmful and abhorrent racist remarks aimed at Jamarra Ugle-Hagan, during and following last night?s match against St Kilda.

Racism of any kind does not belong in our game, nor in our society. We cannot tolerate it.

Comments like these are extremely upsetting and cause significant hurt and harm for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people. They are said to intentionally harm, and we continue to be confronted by them as a community.

We're saddened by the constant need to reinforce the negative impact this has on the individuals concerned, and all First Nations people.

We will continue to make a stand and call out this behaviour, and use our voice to further educate our fans and the wider community.

The Club is supporting Jamarra, his family, and others within the Club who have justifiably been impacted by this event.

The Club has contacted the AFL Integrity Department, and thanks the St Kilda Football Club for investigating the matter and working to identify the individuals concerned.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Western Bulldogs Statement

There are a lot in society who still have a bit of growing up to do.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

3. Likes HOSE B ROMERO liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok this makes me very very angry.

Post Thanks / Like

Low life piece of shits out there with this sort of gutter mentality. I hope they are tracked down and banned and publicly hung.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Troglodytes
    "It's over. It's all over."

7. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Low life piece of shits out there with this sort of gutter mentality. I hope they are tracked down and banned and publicly hung.
    I dunno, maybe put 'em in the stocks for a few days.............but don't hang them in public.

What gutter trash these people must be though. Every club's got fowl supporters but there's something super fowl about a fowl Saints supporter and I'm really glad not to have gone to the game for that reason.

I hope everyone's doing their best to make JUH feel valued, and special to us.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

9. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Still can not believe this is possible in today's environment. Just sad.

11. Likes WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    I dunno, maybe put 'em in the stocks for a few days.............but don't hang them in public.

What gutter trash these people must be though. Every club's got fowl supporters but there's something super fowl about a fowl Saints supporter and I'm really glad not to have gone to the game for that reason.

Perhaps put a media/video camera in their face and get them to try to explain the iconic Nicky Winmar photo…
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

13. Likes jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    Still can not believe this is possible in today's environment. Just sad.
    In years gone by it was often about the level of of education people experienced that played a big part in the language they use.
    That's not a genuine reason now because nearly everyone knows the boundaries.
    I don't know if some do it to impress their friends but it's a genuine shame that it's happening.

15. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

After the game some real idiot supporters screaming and yelling as we walked towards Southern Cross

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    In years gone by it was often about the level of of education people experienced that played a big part in the language they use.
    That's not a genuine reason now because nearly everyone knows the boundaries.
    I don't know if some do it to impress their friends but it's a genuine shame that it's happening.
    I've got news for you mate, heaps of people still don't. Most of them just don't like getting yelled at so they keep their mouths shut.

They don't genuinely understand why it's wrong to be racist. Most of the time they don't even think they're racist!
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

18. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

They don't genuinely understand why it's wrong to be racist. Most of the time they don't even think they're racist!
    I had a medium to well done discussion with the monster in law one day about why black face is bad. She was going on about virtue signalling and the usual tropes and my eyes glazed over and I just thought "you're right well to do elderly white woman who's never been oppressed or marginalised, you're right. They should just get over it. After all, if it doesn't offend you why should it offend them?"

I'm not sure if this was the same conversation where she said she admired Pauline Hanson.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

I've got news for you mate, heaps of people still don't. Most of them just don't like getting yelled at so they keep their mouths shut.

I guess there is all different types but the vast majority to me seem to know the boundaries but just don't give a crap about them.
    Some other people are young and immature and don't really understand the impacts of their comments but they've heard it from others so follow suit.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Perhaps put a media/video camera in their face and get them to try to explain the iconic Nicky Winmar photo…
    Always unacceptable but even more so from the club fans of Nicky Winmar's team.

The current Saints indigenous players must be impressed.
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

22. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Unfortunately I'm not surprised by this.

All you need to do is look around our own country and the world with what is going on with other minority groups.

I'm honestly not sure how this all ends.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

24. Thanks HOSE B ROMERO thanked for this post