Likes Likes:  60
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Western Bulldogs Statement

Quote Originally Posted by BornInDroopSt'54 View Post
    Hahaha.
    Well said Sedat.
    Mine is Irish so don't knock us!
    You'll be right, BIDS, I haven't heard even an Irish joke this Century. How could anyone dump on a western country and former British colony led by a gay of sub-continental ethnicity ?
    Last edited by D Mitchell; 29-03-2023 at 08:09 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by D Mitchell View Post
    You'll be right, BIDS, I haven't heard even an Irish joke this Century. How could anyone dump on a western country and former British colony led by a gay of sub-continental ethnicity ?
    Wut.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

All members should commit that if they are at a game where they hear that rubbish we take it upon ourselves to report it and it doesn't matter who the idiot follows. In some cases it happens because no one wants to get involved.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stevo View Post
    All members should commit that if they are at a game where they hear that rubbish we take it upon ourselves to report it and it doesn't matter who the idiot follows. In some cases it happens because no one wants to get involved.
    It's easy to wander over to the ground staff and word them up.

5. Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stevo View Post
    I have a mate who is ordinarily a solid citizen, controlled, logical and restrained. At the footy, he sometimes cuts loose. There's a big bloke in the row in front of us. Big bloke has a wife, now 2 children. My unruly mate used to go beserk and shout out at the Umpires, I'll leave it to your imagination. One day a few seasons back, the big bloke turned 'round and told my unruly mate, quietly, that he was overstepping the mark and a bad influence on children. Since then, my mate has become ruly at the footy. My mate's learned that big, angry men (he's big too) at the footy must be restrained. He and the big bloke are now on good terms, no more shouting and bad language from my unruly mate and the big bloke and his family enjoy a day at the footy. If someone in your vicinity goes overboard with abuse, try the big bloke approach, it's far better for all around, the perp learns a lesson. You only need to make it a reportable issue if the softly softly approach doesn't work.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    It's easy to wander over to the ground staff and word them up.
    There is also a number you can text
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

8. Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a mate who is ordinarily a solid citizen, controlled, logical and restrained. At the footy, he sometimes cuts loose. There's a big bloke in the row in front of us. Big bloke has a wife, now 2 children. My unruly mate used to go beserk and shout out at the Umpires, I'll leave it to your imagination. One day a few seasons back, the big bloke turned 'round and told my unruly mate, quietly, that he was overstepping the mark and a bad influence on children. Since then, my mate has become ruly at the footy. My mate's learned that big, angry men (he's big too) at the footy must be restrained. He and the big bloke are now on good terms, no more shouting and bad language from my unruly mate and the big bloke and his family enjoy a day at the footy. If someone in your vicinity goes overboard with abuse, try the big bloke approach, it's far better for all around, the perp learns a lesson. You only need to make it a reportable issue if the softly softly approach doesn't work.
    Ha he's now ruly. Like it.

With general bad behaviour yes.

Racism is crossing the line and should be reported.

10. Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Ha he's now ruly. Like it.

With general bad behaviour yes.

Racism is crossing the line and should be reported.
    Reporting is the last step, not the first. Adam Goodes, education is far better than punishment.

Post Thanks / Like

Reporting is the last step, not the first. Adam Goodes, education is far better than punishment.
    I’m not at footy to educate others, other than trying to be civil myself. If someone says racist or offensive remarks and you do not feel safe to say something direct to them I think telling officials direct or via phone is appropriate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by josie View Post
    I’m not at footy to educate others, other than trying to be civil myself. If someone says racist or offensive remarks and you do not feel safe to say something direct to them I think telling officials direct or via phone is appropriate.
    Agree with you @josie
    I have copped a lot of racism growing as an asian . Overt and Covert( which is the worst)

its good in today's age, if you call someone out as racist it actually is a bad thing .

People should use that card to shoutout to these perpetrators . Ask them to stop being a tool and show some respect.

No matter what you say to these racist idiots, they are idots of the worst kind. I won't get into the whole why racsim is bad and try to be airy fairy and educate. These people who mouth off rubbish remarks like this deserve to be banned from the footy for life.

People have no idea how deep it hurts your psyche , self confidence and self worth as a human being when told your skin colour, your eyes, your blood is inferior and its someone else's right to mouth off at it. And when they don't mouth off and selective discriminate you covertly.... its the worst.

14. Thanks The Underdog thanked for this post
    Likes GVGjr, Yankee Hotel Foxtrot, bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by macca View Post
    Agree with you @josie
    I have copped a lot of racism growing as an asian . Overt and Covert( which is the worst)

its good in today's age, if you call someone out as racist it actually is a bad thing .

People should use that card to shoutout to these perpetrators . Ask them to stop being a tool and show some respect.

No matter what you say to these racist idiots, they are idots of the worst kind. I won't get into the whole why racsim is bad and try to be airy fairy and educate. These people who mouth off rubbish remarks like this deserve to be banned from the footy for life.

People have no idea how deep it hurts your psyche , self confidence and self worth as a human being when told your skin colour, your eyes, your blood is inferior and its someone else's right to mouth off at it. And when they don't mouth off and selective discriminate you covertly.... its the worst.
    Oh Macca….Snap, me too. Copping it when your little really hurts, even with good family, friends and teachers to support you. Nowadays for me it’s rather infrequent as, at least in inner Melbourne, it has become so multicultural.

The crap First Nations folks still have to put up with though, including the covert “we’ve given remote communities so much money and look what do they do with it” etc., sometimes from reasonably well educated people is still galling and shows we’ve got a fair way to go.

16. Thanks macca thanked for this post
    Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry you guys have had to deal with that, totally unacceptable.

I grew up in the era where it would be called out, the perpetrators generally did remain quiet for the rest of that particular game however I very much doubt it prevented any recidivism.
    Im pretty sure they aren’t thinking : hey that random stranger that I’ll never see again told me to stop so I will.

If you’re sinking to those lows these days, I believe the only way to really stop them is with a ban.

18. Thanks macca thanked for this post
    Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

My first year as a reserve seat member I dropped the F bomb after some poor umpiring decisions. The old lady in front of me told me off for swearing. I apologised and haven't dropped it again.

I actually did the same to some Hawthorn idiot. He was swearing so much, loudly as well. A young family that sat in front of him moved so I told him to tone it down. I just asked him to cut back on the swearing because of the young people around, politely. He charged down to me and fronted up, big man to so I was a little worried but stood tall and looked him right in the eye. He was yelling at me "We're at the ****ing footy mate" over and over and I just kept repeating "There are kids around, stop swearing" Eventually he walked away. Half time came and he apologised so I thanked him but said he should find the family who moved and apologise to them. He was still a loud mouthed idiot for the rest of the game but didn't swear.