Thanks Thanks:  9
Likes Likes:  53
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Jamarra Ugle-Hagan opens up on ‘frustrating’ debut season and support from the Fevolas

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    I would hope every player on the list who is not getting a game is banging on the coaches door asking what they need to do to get their opportunity, if they aren't I'm not sure why they're on the list.
    Yeah the comment he was seeking weekly feedback from Bevo was a great thing to read and equally must've been pleasing to the coach as well. This isn't a kid seeking to just get a game on talent alone, but is looking to improve and receptive to feedback.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Jamarra Ugle-Hagan opens up on ‘frustrating’ debut season and support from the Fevolas

I see nothing wrong with the article and I also see little wrong with the Fev guidance.

Does anyone in here actually know Fev to make these kinds of calls? Judging a player by a few past actions when they were immature is silly. If we were to do that, Libba and Hunter would be idiots too, among many of us.

I think it's pretty easy to see that Fev has turned his life around. The club (which includes us as fans) shouldn't be trying to put a wedge in between Marra and Mia/Fev, it's in all our best interests to make it work.

I wouldn't be opposed to having Fev spend time at the club as someone to work on goal kicking, for example.
    W00F!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    I see nothing wrong with the article and I also see little wrong with the Fev guidance.

Does anyone in here actually know Fev to make these kinds of calls? Judging a player by a few past actions when they were immature is silly. If we were to do that, Libba and Hunter would be idiots too, among many of us.

I think it's pretty easy to see that Fev has turned his life around. The club (which includes us as fans) shouldn't be trying to put a wedge in between Marra and Mia/Fev, it's in all our best interests to make it work.

I wouldn't be opposed to having Fev spend time at the club as someone to work on goal kicking, for example.
    Isn't this what I said but with more words ?
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    Isn't this what I said but with more words ?
    You said it better
    W00F!

5. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    You said it better
    Let's call it a draw.

7. Likes The Bulldogs Bite liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    Let's call it a draw.
    Get a room funboys!

9. Thanks The Bulldogs Bite thanked for this post
    Likes EasternWest, bornadog, jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Only concerning thing for me is that he's living with his girlfriend at 18, which seems like a recipe for disaster but that's probably leaning a little too much into personal experience.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

11. Likes EasternWest, jeemak, WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Only concerning thing for me is that he's living with his girlfriend at 18, which seems like a recipe for disaster but that's probably leaning a little too much into personal experience.
    But living with his girlfriend's family which is a plus.

13. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    Get a room funboys!

15. Likes Yankee Hotel Foxtrot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    This is sort of where i was heading when I asked if he had family in Melbourne - where was he living before moving in with the Fevolas? I'd love for him to be living with some of our more senior players.

But also, he's a grown man and it's none of my business.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    This is sort of where i was heading when I asked if he had family in Melbourne - where was he living before moving in with the Fevolas? I'd love for him to be living with some of our more senior players.

But also, he's a grown man and it's none of my business.
    Did he board at Scots College?
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    I'm fine with him being desperate to play and seeking out feedback on what areas of his game need to improve to get into the team. Unless I'm not seeing the passage you're referring to seems fine to me
    Saying it was tough not being selected, needing family support and advice from Nick Riewoldt, it just sounded entitled and like he expected it all to happen rather than working on his deficiencies. He mentioned his fitness as an issue but almost resented having to do extra fitness work like in pre season whilst still playing games. Got a few Jake Stringer vibes from all that, like hanging out the back and kicking 4 in the VFL should get you named at full forward at the G the next week
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

19. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by boydogs View Post
    Few concerning things there, the narrative around not getting a game which I thought was more media driven but is now coming from his mouth, and having a role model that gambled away his marriage
    In fairness, Alex gave Fev another chance. Maybe the rest of us should as well.

21. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by boydogs View Post
    Saying it was tough not being selected, needing family support and advice from Nick Riewoldt, it just sounded entitled and like he expected it all to happen rather than working on his deficiencies. He mentioned his fitness as an issue but almost resented having to do extra fitness work like in pre season whilst still playing games. Got a few Jake Stringer vibes from all that, like hanging out the back and kicking 4 in the VFL should get you named at full forward at the G the next week

I think it's a bit of a harsh interpretation. He's come in as a number one pick and not got a game while his contemporaries have and he has to deal with the media questioning if he's a bust like all the other key forwards taken at pick one in recent times. In the context of discussing the pressure on him externally I think it makes sense.

For the fitness I interpreted it as 'even though I'm playing I continue to do extra running because I want to be elite in that area and build that base now'. Which is basically what he says next sentence.

23. Likes Raw Toast liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post
    In fairness, Alex gave Fev another chance. Maybe the rest of us should as well.
    Fev had a sickness that got hold of him - gambling. He deserves another chance like we all do.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.