Thanks Thanks:  10
Likes Likes:  12
    Post Thanks / Like

Black Dog Days Are Over~ Tom Boyd

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Black Dog Days Are Over~ Tom Boyd

Going to have a big year. Well done Tom, enjoyed that interview. Some good insights there.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

3. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Strength

5. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Realise it’s not the OPs title but that’s one ill informed title that they’ve run with for this update on Tom.
    Unfortunately it’s not an illness that can be just turned off, managed yes but he will need to continue the fight.

7. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Respect.

Post Thanks / Like

So articulate, thoughtful, insightful...a seriously impressive person is our Tom
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

10. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The bulldog tragician View Post
    So articulate, thoughtful, insightful...a seriously impressive person is our Tom
    He's all of that and more. I'm really hoping that he has a big season in 2019.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

12. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Good interview about an important issue within society. I wish Tom a great 2019.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Would love Tom to “stick it right up ‘em” (doubters and media idiots). A thoughtful, eloquent and intelligent chap. I reckon’ if he can manage the mental and physical challenges and if our MC let him play more at full forward I think 2019 could be a really positive one for Boydy. If he can reach the heights of the 2016 prelim and especially the grand final we will have another superstar to rival Bonti.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by josie View Post
    Would love Tom to “stick it right up ‘em” (doubters and media idiots). A thoughtful, eloquent and intelligent chap. I reckon’ if he can manage the mental and physical challenges and if our MC let him play more at full forward I think 2019 could be a really positive one for Boydy. If he can reach the heights of the 2016 prelim and especially the grand final we will have another superstar to rival Bonti.
    It would be huge for the club and of course Tom. Can you imagine the hysteria if he put in a few performances like he did in the 2016 GF or if he had a couple of break though game as a forward and kicked 6 or 7 goals?
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

16. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    It would be huge for the club and of course Tom. Can you imagine the hysteria if he put in a few performances like he did in the 2016 GF or if he had a couple of break though game as a forward and kicked 6 or 7 goals?
    It would sure boost his confidence. Hoping he has a big impact in that forward line next year.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doc26 View Post
    Realise it’s not the OPs title but that’s one ill informed title that they’ve run with for this update on Tom.
    Unfortunately it’s not an illness that can be just turned off, managed yes but he will need to continue the fight.

Yep. I must admit I worried reading that headline because the black dog never totally goes away.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite