Thanks Thanks:  32
Likes Likes:  80
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee Round 16 V Brisbane At The GABBA On Thursday Night

Daniel rinsed Brisbane in that final last year. He’s a bad out.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee Round 16 V Brisbane At The GABBA On Thursday Night

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Is this the tallest team we have fielded this year?
    When we played both Sweet and English we might have been taller.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Hope Caleb's knee is ok. He has been troubled with it all season.
    Yeah I thought there has been something wrong hasn't been at his best all year

Post Thanks / Like

Was hoping for English a surprise in. Hopefully Sweet can get it done in the middle.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    We don't take supporter engagement seriously enough. I saw them entering the ground on Twitter about 40 minutes ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    Bevo just came over and thanked the approx 100 people who came to watch.
    He wasn't aware that they'd told fans it was a 3-4pm session, and he apologised for them being late. Said they won't be doing much today.
    I'm literally exhausted by the club continually dishing up this sort of stuff.

"I didn't know" is such a crap excuse. Are you trying to tell me there was no itinerary for the trip OR that it hadn't been shared with the senior coach??

Yep - we have been in Queensland a bit over the past couple of seasons with hubs and finals and what not, but going forward it will be a once every season thing AT BEST. You would think 'WE' (the club) would want to foster good relationships with what is an already disconnected supporter group. How hard is it???
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

6. Thanks BornInDroopSt'54 thanked for this post
    Likes Topdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post

"I didn't know" is such a crap excuse. Are you trying to tell me there was no itinerary for the trip OR that it hadn't been shared with the senior coach??

Yep - we have been in Queensland a bit over the past couple of seasons with hubs and finals and what not, but going forward it will be a once every season thing AT BEST. You would think 'WE' (the club) would want to foster good relationships with what is an already disconnected supporter group. How hard is it???
    It's been a real bug bear of mine for a number of years and while the Covid years would have been difficult there is no real excuse now. While there is always a caveat along the lines of 'training times are approximate and subject to change' when they advertise for those meet the players opportunities we should be able to stick to the schedule or at least get out there early and advise the supporters of the delay.
    In a lot of instances we could be doing so much better.

Post Thanks / Like

It's been a real bug bear of mine for a number of years and while the Covid years would have been difficult there is no real excuse now. While there is always a caveat along the lines of 'training times are approximate and subject to change' when they advertise for those meet the players opportunities we should be able to stick to the schedule or at least get out there early and advise the supporters of the delay.
    In a lot of instances we could be doing so much better.
    Just noticed an invite to a training session for Player Sponsors next week.

Be nice if they put the date! Considering it's during work hours and all.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Just noticed an invite to a training session for Player Sponsors next week.

Be nice if they put the date! Considering it's during work hours and all.
    I saw that, we play interstate again next week on Friday so I would imagine it's Tuesday.
    It will also likely be part of a bigger event not Player Sponsor specific as the invitation sort of reads. It's coming across as an after thought for the sponsors to gauge their interest.
    How do they miss putting a date on an invitation?... I'm really not expecting an answer

10. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think this is malicious intent, rather, incompetence/ lack of systems or process etc. It's still not great and needs to be fixed.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

I look at our side and still think it's pretty strong. It should be able to put up a good fight.

If Brisbane are a bit off and we're on look out.

However, as this seems to be publicly considered our last chance to really be considered as finals contenders I expect we'll lose by about nine goals and put just that little bit of extra pressure and angst into the rest of the season.

The footy Gods haven't forgotten the favour they did us in 2016, but have seemingly forgotten the previous times in which we had been forsaken at their hands. This is the thing about religion, one good thing in the eyes of a believer can make up for many a shit thing.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

13. Likes ratsmac liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    I don't think this is malicious intent, rather, incompetence/ lack of systems or process etc. It's still not great and needs to be fixed.
    Yes, it's certainly not malicious or even incompetence. It probably reflects more around an on going disconnect between the club engaging the supporters.
    If we are looking at membership numbers then the club is doing very well, if the focus was more on supporter engagement then there appears to be a lot of missed opportunities.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    I look at our side and still think it's pretty strong. It should be able to put up a good fight.

If Brisbane are a bit off and we're on look out.

However, as this seems to be publicly considered our last chance to really be considered as finals contenders I expect we'll lose by about nine goals and put just that little bit of extra pressure and angst into the rest of the season.

The footy Gods haven't forgotten the favour they did us in 2016, but have seemingly forgotten the previous times in which we had been forsaken at their hands. This is the thing about religion, one good thing in the eyes of a believer can make up for many a shit thing.
    If we are switched on we can win this comfortably and I'm expecting a good and close game.
    There are some doubts on if Brisbane can stand up when it counts and we should be able to pressure them.

Post Thanks / Like

If we are switched on we can win this comfortably and I'm expecting a good and close game.
    There are some doubts on if Brisbane can stand up when it counts and we should be able to pressure them.
    Unfortunately I think the issue will ultimately lie with our defence. Missing 3 of your defenders is hard to cover and Brisbane can score heavily. Will need to be really clean going into F50 and as you mentioned apply loads of pressure.

Post Thanks / Like

As a Melbourne based member I also feel the most disconnected from the club I have been in all my years supporting the club. I’m not really too sure where to from here and I only live a suburb or two from the ground.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

18. Likes G-Mo77 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Agree with all of that.
    Bevo walked over before the boys all came out and walked over to the supporter group. An elderly supporter was speaking with him, and he must've picked up that thnigs were not on schedule as he then asked the group with a quizzical look on his face 'how long have you guys been waiting, have you been here a while?' When I said we were told gates open 2:30 and training will run from 3pm to 4pm, he grimaced, apologised and then said 'Please, blame me, I had the boys in meetings'.

Thankfully, after the light run, the players and Bevo were very good with their time and interaction with all the fans. The group were fantastic, and the entire group were really proactive in ensuring every kid, adult were given some time.

My 9yr old and 6 yr old were absolutely on cloud 9 afterwards, getting up close with their heroes. It's these things that rust on support from a young age.
    Grateful Brisbane City Council weren't razor sharp on checking parking meters, as even though I allowed an extra 45 minutes on the meter, we were still 25 minutes late... no ticket!

So in the end whilst no immediate harm, you're right, these are simple things, and in isolation they're nothing, but collectively they do take away from the customer engagement experience. If we really want to push membership numbers, we simply have to get this side of the equation right.

On a different side, gee, you notice how much the soft cap restrictions bite when one you see how much of the little things the coaching staff do. Rohan Smith running drills and talking to the players one minute then walking around picking up plastic cones and packing up equipment. No different to how we run Auskick & jnr training at my son's footy club.

20. Thanks The Underdog thanked for this post