Thanks Thanks:  19
Likes Likes:  52
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: CEO message to members and fans

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Most definitely and I hope we are.

However Hawthorn are also now in the market for a CEO after sacking their one within 5 months of appointing her.
    And the Pies haven't replaced Pert yet either have they? Plenty of competition at the moment
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doc26 View Post
    I can see a benefit given Lethlean's friendship with Gil and no doubt he would bring strong business acumen but not sure on the timing for us. He was effectively forced out of his senior position with the AFL on grounds of unacceptable behaviour and now we're putting many on our playing group in the crosshairs for bringing an unacceptable attitude, level of preparation and for some, unacceptable behaviour.

Just feels a conflicting message in there given the timing of where we're at.
    I get that, but if he is a great candidate I'm sure we can put in some additional measure to mitigate. At some point Lethlean will get back into a senior position.

Post Thanks / Like

Gary Kent has still not officially resigned has he? According to someone close to his family he only ever took on the role as an interim measure, and the club is continuing to wait until the right candidate for a full time role is found.

But no formal resignation has been tabled - just the original plan still in effect.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post
    Gary Kent has still not officially resigned has he? According to someone close to his family he only ever took on the role as an interim measure, and the club is continuing to wait until the right candidate for a full time role is found.

But no formal resignation has been tabled - just the original plan still in effect.
    As an interim CEO I don't think you resign you just wait for them to appoint a new one unless you actually don't want to do it anymore.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    As an interim CEO I don't think you resign you just wait for them to appoint a new one unless you actually don't want to do it anymore.
    I agree. That's why the resignation talk was confusing me.

Hope we find a strong candidate but it seems like Kent is doing a more than satisfactory job in the mean time.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jazzadogs View Post

It's in the OP of this thread:

Our President Peter Gordon has said in recent weeks and so have I, that I never intended to take up the CEO job for the long term. And this is true. The Board and I haven’t had a set leave-by date for me to depart. We haven’t needed to. We have simply maintained a dialogue about it as the events of the year have unfolded.

In June this year, I wrote to the Board and said I would prefer a new CEO be in place by the first AFL Premiership season game of 2018.

7. Likes jazzadogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Damo has just reported that while we sounded out Lethlean he wasn't that keen perhaps looking for a more high profile club

Looks like he is off to Carlton
    Last edited by GVGjr; 05-10-2017 at 04:49 PM. Reason: updated

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Damo has just reported that while we sounded out Lethlean he wasn't that keen perhaps looking for a more high profile club

Looks like he is off to Carlton
    Good. Would have been some bullshit to ship off/condemn Stringer but get in Lethlean.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Good. Would have been some bullshit to ship off/condemn Stringer but get in Lethlean.
    Why we aren't getting rid of Stringer because he slept around

Post Thanks / Like

To be honest I don't think these are similar examples but I get why some might see it that way.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    To be honest I don't think these are similar examples but I get why some might see it that way.
    They both have older men in desirable positions, using that position to sleep with women in vulnerable positions. They're both morons but at least Jake isn't 41 years old.

You can't demonise a footy boys culture and then at the same time turn around and hire an embodiment of it.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

They both have older men in desirable positions, using that position to sleep with women in vulnerable positions. They're both morons but at least Jake isn't 41 years old.

You can't demonise a footy boys culture and then at the same time turn around and hire an embodiment of it.
    The women involved in Leathlen's case weren't 17 either.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Can't both be undeserible types in our new culture, rights & responsibilities, connection to our staff and women's team and in conjunction with our no dickheads policy?
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Who is demonising a footy boys culture? Stringer has not been asked to leave because he slept around with other women

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post
    Who is demonising a footy boys culture? Stringer has not been asked to leave because he slept around with other women
    Agreed, there were other reasons at play.
    Anyway it looks like Lethlean is headed to the Blues or maybe the Saints.