Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  57
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Three things you've learned Round nineteen 2021 v Melbourne

OK let's rip. Three things.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Three things you've learned Round nineteen 2021 v Melbourne

Bump
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

1. Bont will win the Brownlow.

2. Schache can be a 200 game AFL player as a KPD

3. Marra & Weightman. Naughton & Bont. We are *!*!*!*!ing spoilt now and going ahead.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

4. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

1. Bailey Williams punches so strongly above his weight it's ridiculous.
    2. Josh Bruce celebrates his teammates goals harder than his own. I'd love to have him as a teammate.
    3. This team has plenty of improvement in it, and sits on top of the ladder. We're *!*!*!*!ing scary.

6. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

1. Schache has found his position. His a good mark. He can be the Lever/MAy type player. Bonus is he can Chop out in the ruck and provide good rebound as he is a good kick. We finally found a position for him. He even showed momemnts of aggression today.
    2. The superlatives can never stop with Bonts. He is brilliant
    3. When Hannan can take marks, and kick goals he adds another threat to the forward line.
    4. Libba is a work horse.
    5. If a smother was a stat, it would be valued as a defensive effort. Our intensity was excellent today.

8. Likes Ghost Dog, merantau liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

1. We can win the Premiership
    2. We can win the Premiership
    3. We can win the Premiership

Post Thanks / Like

1. My waning faith over the past few weeks has been restored; we can play hard, solid footy for 4 quarters with no dangerous lapses (well, only a few). Enjoy the win boys.

2. We know how to beat Lever – by stepping around him and leading. Marra's lead to Bont in Q4 was sublime when the win was still in doubt.

3. Schache had an opportunity today and grabbed it with both hands. Looked more comfortable, even aggressive, at back than I can ever remember seeing him up forward.

Extra. Injuries are now becoming serious. Hearing that Martin is likely out for the season earlier today on Woof and then Keath and Richards going down is salt in the wound. Hopefully, Dunks, Vanders and Wood are ready for next week.

Bonus. Weightman's pressure in f50 is truly pest-like for their defenders – his nickname is so apt.

11. Likes GVGjr, Yankee Hotel Foxtrot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

1. We have the ability to turn the game in our favour when the opposition starts to get on top. Twice during the game, start of 2nd half and mid final qtr, when the Dees were on a roll, we were able to turn the tide. Bont, Macrae and Libba were instrumental in this. To me this is the sign of a premiership team. Well done.

2. Duryea is close to our most important defensive player. Plays above his height and reads the play extremely well. In fact this is our teams defensive mantra. We may be undersized but we work as a team to defend.

3. Our forward line has so many options. Jamarra quiet for most of the game but then bobs up with two important marks that led to goals.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by macca View Post
    1. Schache has found his position. His a good mark. He can be the Lever/MAy type player. Bonus is he can Chop out in the ruck and provide good rebound as he is a good kick. We finally found a position for him. He even showed momemnts of aggression today.
    2. The superlatives can never stop with Bonts. He is brilliant
    3. When Hannan can take marks, and kick goals he adds another threat to the forward line.
    4. Libba is a work horse.
    5. If a smother was a stat, it would be valued as a defensive effort. Our intensity was excellent today.
    The intent to smother off the boot was off the charts tonight, just ridiculously high. Is there someone we should credit for this?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mutz View Post
    The intent to smother off the boot was off the charts tonight, just ridiculously high. Is there someone we should credit for this?
    Weightman in particular. He has morphed from being a midget key forward who looked odd in our set up, into a quintessential small pressure, crumbing small forward who is a headache match up.

15. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

1. This team has real spirit and they play for each other.
    2. Bont is surely the best player to ever wear RWB
    3. Bevo is a genius
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

1. The resilience and will to win of the whole team after Keath and then Richards went down was remarkable today.
    2. Tom Liberatore would keep his cool in the midst of an earthquake, a tsunami and a war.
    3. Josh Schache earned his selection.

18. Likes Yankee Hotel Foxtrot, Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

1. We broke Melbourne’s brain. You don’t go dipping into the bag of sledges to call someone a two’s player if you know you’re on top. I know we give Hannan a lot of shit but we’re allowed and you wankers aren’t.

2. There’s something there with Schache in defence. I’m not willing to co-sign because he’s just been so awful so many times before but worth having a look at with Keath missing.

3. Bont is the best clutch player and best wet weather player there ever was.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    1. We broke Melbourne’s brain. You don’t go dipping into the bag of sledges to call someone a two’s player if you know you’re on top. I know we give Hannan a lot of shit but we’re allowed and you wankers aren’t.

2. There’s something there with Schache in defence. I’m not willing to co-sign because he’s just been so awful so many times before but worth having a look at with Keath missing.

3. Bont is the best clutch player and best wet weather player there ever was.

I love the first point, especially. This game we set up for a Melbourne win. They are the embodiment of entitlement and with Keath and then Richards out, it was theirs for the taking. They didn't, we did, they are still very brittle.
    The smarmy smile from Fritsch, the weird sledges on Hannan... they just don't have the right stuff......

21. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    I love the first point, especially. This game we set up for a Melbourne win. They are the embodiment of entitlement and with Keath and then Richards out, it was theirs for the taking. They didn't, we did, they are still very brittle.
    The smarmy smile from Fritsch, the weird sledges on Hannan... they just don't have the right stuff......
    Now there's a face you'd like to slap.

23. Likes josie liked this post