Thanks Thanks:  7
Likes Likes:  65
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee Round 20 Vs Adelaide 2021

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    North have been pretty good over the last month, I don't think we will be seeing a 100 point margin there. I am assuming Cunnington is out though which is a big blow.
    Cunnington and Tarryn Thomas both out. I think they would have pushed Geelong down there with those two, but no chance now.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Cunnington and Tarryn Thomas both out. I think they would have pushed Geelong down there with those two, but no chance now.
    Just hope they keep the margin respectable and we match it or better with a comfortable win of our own.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    Dunks is back this week and I would use him.

I just don't understand why we would contemplate letting someone who kicks it like him get it 30 times - I think he is averaging more than that this year.

You could build a case around some long goals (as in, 50m +) from Laird, Walker and whatever that winger they got from Collingwood whose name I always forget is called could keep us off balance throughout the day and see them through in a low scoring game. I don't see how they compete with us around the ball (assuming we play with effort and we've been pretty good at that all year) but we aren't always super efficient going forward, goals can be tricky to score at Ballarat and a result around the 9.17 (us) to 12.5 (them) would be the danger....

Is there another way we could lose this?
    Is Laird playing mostly midfield now?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Is Laird playing mostly midfield now?
    Yes, he's about the only good mid they have.

5. Thanks 1eyedog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Western Bulldogs coach Luke Beveridge has confirmed midfield star Josh Dunkley will come straight back into the team after quarantine for Saturday’s clash against Adelaide as Adam Treloar eyes off a return as early as next week.

Dunkley rejoined his teammates at Whitten Oval on Thursday morning for the first time after he was forced into home isolation after being linked to a Tier 1 exposure site following a visit to his local cafe.

The 24-year-old missed last week’s top-of-the-table clash against Melbourne but Beveridge said he was certain to slot straight back into the side for the match in Ballarat.

Dunkley is a key inclusion for the Bulldogs, who lost defender Alex Keath (hamstring) and Ed Richards (concussion) after last weeks’ match against the Demons.

Beveridge was confident Dunkley, who had only returned for his first game after undergoing a shoulder reconstruction two weeks ago, had not lost any conditioning.

“Dunks will come back in,” Beveridge said on Thursday morning.

“It’s his first morning back into the club after his little hiatus and he will train with the boys today and he will be going to Ballarat tomorrow.

“I don’t know if he could be in better shape, Dunks, he looks after himself pretty well … he has definitely got a good set-up compared to most home gyms, so he has not missed out on too much conditioning, Dunks, he’s been able to kick the ball into the net, he’s even got that set-up at home, too.

“It’s just a shame that we haven’t been able to keep him involved as much as we would have liked. We’ve zoomed him into a meeting or two and other than that it’s just been touching base with him here or there and he seems to have coped all right.”

Dunkley’s return comes as Beveridge indicated Treloar could be pushing for a return next week after making strong recent progress in training.

Treloar has not played since Round 10 after suffering an ankle syndesmosis injury.

“If you remember back I was preparing everyone for the worst-case scenario in that it might take a lot longer than we would have thought,” Beveridge said.

“He wasn’t on a rocket out of the hospital as far as his recovery …. the first two or three weeks was a real struggle but most recently he has really come on.

“He’s got a couple of important game-like sessions coming up and he’ll be in consideration over the next, definitely not this week, but possibly even next week.

“That’s how quick he has come on. We’ll get our heads together and work out what the plan will be coming back into the AFL side.

“We’ve just got to be careful we don’t compromise the team as far as sharing the load goes. But he will be available pretty quickly.

“I’d say if not next week, it will almost definitely be the week after.”

Beveridge said veteran defender Easton Wood (ankle) would come into the selection frame as a replacement for Keath.

“He (Wood) was pretty productive last week in the scratch match that we had, he got through unscathed coming off that ankle injury,” he said.

“He’s fit and healthy, he’s definitely going to be considered.”

Laitham Vandermeer will play in the VFL against Casey on Saturday.

Link

7. Thanks bornadog thanked for this post
    Likes The Bulldogs Bite liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Treloer back before finals? That's huge
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Treloer back before finals? That's huge
    Would be great if he could get a couple of games in before finals which sounds like he's on track for.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Think it will be :

Out : Richards, Keath
    In : Dunkley, Wood.

Not sure how the shuffle will go with HB for Mid.

Post Thanks / Like

I’m liking VDM back in the VFL. I don’t trust JJ fully as a forward and I think if VDM can bang the door down, there’s a possible spot to take off JJ.

Failing that, Dunkley, Wood, VDM, Treloar - Gardner & *maybe* Martin soon, Keath in a month, Richards next week - McNeil, Crozier, Lipinski, Wallis, West, Young =

COMPETITION FOR SPOTS
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

12. Likes Mofra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Think it will be :

Maybe we'll see Caleb spend more time in defence, with Baz/Dunks taking over his midfield time? Not ideal as I like Caleb up the ground.

JJ might also be thrown back there and we make up his forward time with a mix of others.

14. Likes Grantysghost liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Think it will be :

Yes. Scache shows going back works but Dunkley for Richards is no like for like.
    I'll let Bevo sort it out.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Maybe we'll see Caleb spend more time in defence, with Baz/Dunks taking over his midfield time? Not ideal as I like Caleb up the ground.

JJ might also be thrown back there and we make up his forward time with a mix of others.
    Scott played in defence when he came on and whilst he is ok in that role he is probably better elsewhere so if he stays in he probably helps out too.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Scott played in defence when he came on and whilst he is ok in that role he is probably better elsewhere so if he stays in he probably helps out too.
    Yeah, thought about him too. If he does play, means someone else also has to come out as Wood and Dunks are locks.

Can see a scenario where Roarke comes out, Baz goes into the wing role, Dunks goes inside and Scott plays back replacing Richards?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Who comes out?
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Who comes out?
    From last week - Richards will miss
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers