Thanks Thanks:  13
Likes Likes:  161
Page 35 of 45 FirstFirst ... 2526272829303132333435363738394041424344 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: WB Game Day V Geelong R14 2020

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Anyone else's weekend now f*cked?
    Living in Melbourne every weekend is *!*!*!*!ed!

I’m disappointed, but not livid... they’ve been the best performing team over the last 6-8 weeks and we made them look silly for parts.

We missed 2 absolute sitters in the 2nd qtr and lost 2 players when there was still lots of time on the clock... we aren’t too far away.

2. Likes bornadog, Sedat, jeemak, KT31, chef, azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    I don't want you or anyone to think the man crush I have for Bont is in any way diminished. I'm not angry, I'm just disappointed.

That would have been a prize scalp.
    I needed a time out afterwards.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    That's a top 3 loss for me - I'll be livid still in 2021!
    These types of losses hurt the most when you are in front for most of the game and lose it in the end.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I would take the Bont anytime over that protected species Dangerfield. You can agree or not and that is fine.
    Dangerfield is smart enough to know to get the calls. Bont has more upside given his 6 years younger, but lets be honest here, Danger willed his team to win this one from 6 goals down. Bont is not there yet. I'm sorry but he's not.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post

I’m disappointed, but not livid... they’ve been the best performing team over the last 6-8 weeks and we made them look silly for parts.

We missed 2 absolute sitters in the 2nd qtr and lost 2 players when there was still lots of time on the clock... we aren’t too far away.
    Yeah, but it hurts.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone else's weekend now f*cked?
    Let me see. When do the reserves play?

What? Ok, pretty much.

Post Thanks / Like

I feel like we're miles away.

A dysfunctional forward line besides Naughton, a midfield that plays on their own terms, a ruck situation that is diabolical, and a defence that is solid but prone to sh*tting itself under pressure.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

9. Likes DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Chris Grant also had no flags, was he no good as a leader of the club?

Dangerfield has pulled the Cats over the line more times than Bont has for us, that's for sure.
    Dangerfield arrived at Geelong when he was older than Bont is now... let’s see how many games Bont wins for us over the next 5-6 years before we compare.

Would also like the umpiring to be similar for both... the gap with that is amazing!

Post Thanks / Like

All fair.

When I've calmed down a bit I'll remember we were great early and certainly toiled hard enough for the rest.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Well I'd drop Bruce for the rest of the season and bring in Sweet. If Sweet is not ready for senior football he can get some learning experience in. English can take Bruce's role forward and help ruck.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

13. Likes DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

We have to make use of the bye and come out firing. Three games to go and we must win ALL of them. Do that and we go into the finals on a roll. Geelong are the best team at the moment and we could have won this game had we took our chances. We played two down and some of our best players were off the boil. Lose next game and it's season over. Let's Go Dogs!
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

15. Thanks HOSE B ROMERO thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    I can point you to fairly recent example where he did.
    Exactly. He DOES it rather than talk it.

Post Thanks / Like

Geez really disappointed with that. Its been the story for the year with the better teams. Geelong found another gear or two after quarter time & that was too much for us. I think physically they seemed stronger & mature & i hate to say it but they seemed to want it more than us. We seemed to be outnumbered throughout the game time & again. Yeah we had a few down but if we're honest we could all see it happening.

I'm not going to knock their effort but it was disappointing we couldn't find another gear.

I don't get the English situation. Please explain it to me? Tallest player on the ground & we don't want to play him in the ruck because he is uncompetitive but we don't want to play another ruck. English & Bruce were just far too much for us to carry.

It feels like we are a long, long, long way off.

Post Thanks / Like

Just thinking we could've used Vanders run in the last. Bah ... stupid f*$*%g game sucking me in...surely I can find a more healthy way to spend my time.

19. Likes HOSE B ROMERO liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Great post Mantis.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.