Thanks Thanks:  344
Likes Likes:  1,795
Page 9 of 147 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181959109 ... LastLast

Thread: Sharp Axes

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Sharp Axes

I have never seen our team with such an inept mindset/game plan etc. The players are not galvanised and are not playing for eachother. In my experience when someone has to continually say how together the playing group is, they are only saying to make others believe in a fallacy.
    Hawks have a fight on their hands for Harley Reid.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

2. Likes Stevo, Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Do we need to keep making the Chompers reference? While I get that we are all frustrated by our performances to me there is no question that Bevo deserves a bit more respect than that.

What if, and I don't know this for sure, losing Maple and Graham over the last few years is the real root cause of the challenges we are facing?
    It's genuinely perplexing why we are playing so poorly.
    Honestly, I can't take him seriously with that look.

Can you expand on that? What did we lose with Maple & Graham that might be making a difference? Was there any semblance of a new system in pre-season?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonofScray View Post
    This is a good scenario analysis.

I’d be prepared to risk scenario 1, but 3 is the safe bet.
    You're actually suggesting the Alan Joyce scenario aren't you? Make the change and appoint someone but not an interim appointment because the coaches you suggested are very unlikely to want to jump in for an interim role.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by anfo27 View Post
    Honestly, I can't take him seriously with that look.

Can you expand on that? What did we lose with Maple & Graham that might be making a difference? Was there any semblance of a new system in pre-season?
    The only change to our game plan was to incorporate the 4 pronged talls in the fwd line hoping one can pluck all the long bombs.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Yeah who started that ffs.

Grow up idiots.
    You're a visionary GG.

7. Likes Happy Days liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DOG GOD View Post
    The only change to our game plan was to incorporate the 4 pronged talls in the fwd line hoping one can pluck all the long bombs.
    That idea will never work if we have no system. We can't honestly say in 2015 a defence of Hambling & Roberts was premiership material. You put a system in place that the players believe in & it did work.

9. Likes Dry Rot, DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

You're a visionary GG.
    Haha. It had its time now it's time to put it on the holster.

BTW : the issues with character set seem to only happen in iOS. Wonder if it's an Apple update.

Post Thanks / Like

There is clearly something wrong. That is obvious. How did it get to this? We don't know exactly but my hypothesis and one that has been thrown around on this board for sometime is the support around Bevo in the football department and in particular assistant coaches. Other clubs have bolstered this area in recent years and we have gone in the opposite direction. Other teams have ex senior coaches and a plethora of high quality assistants. We lost two respected senior coaches at the end of 2021 and did little to replace them. We bring in Lade this year but it ain't enough. The way we have adapted in the last few years in regards to how we defend the ground and move the ball has fallen way behind the competition leaders.

We have become way too reliant on just Bevo and he looks tired and bereft of ideas. He looks like he is carrying the weight of the world on his shoulders.

For comparisons. Let's look at the Melbourne coaching team. Compare the depth of talent and experience to us. The club has failed in their duty to support Bevo. I'm sure he pushed back saying we have great people helping me, but he needs some higher quality coaching talent who can challenge Bevo and the plying group.

Coach.

Goodwin.

Assistants.

Yze
    Richardson
    Chaplin
    Williams
    Stafford

12. Likes Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

We haven't replaced Boyd who was hard nosed and Morris who gives his all and was very tight on his opponent.
    I think we broken even with Richards taking JJ spot.
    I think Boyd with his leadership could be a telling factor.
    There is Woody but he was more injured than not and could be covered.
    The bigger issue at the moment is in the middle and we need some speed and aggression with half decent skills.
    Our Mids are too offensive and too slow on the counter.
    Libba is great but if the player breaks his tackles Libba isn't going to catch them.
    Overall we seem like a team lacking urgency the countless times with players jogging after their opponents when they are not in the play was mind boggling because they eventually become the next link in the chain and our player is miles off the pace.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

14. Likes macca liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I’d like to have seen an external full review rather than the internal one we ran. I’m really concerned we will lose Naughty or other players who want out after what looks like a disappointing year ahead. We will also be an unattractive destination for target players.

Post Thanks / Like

You're actually suggesting the Alan Joyce scenario aren't you? Make the change and appoint someone but not an interim appointment because the coaches you suggested are very unlikely to want to jump in for an interim role.
    Not really, I’ve conflated my want to make a change with my want to have Bevo out now.

Ideally, we do let him see out the season while we canvass the names I mentioned. That’s the smart play.

The risky one, which my impatience is driving me towards is to pull the trigger now, Lade the lucky fella to get the chance and force that awkward scenario if he can find something.

17. Thanks GVGjr thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Just even getting Lade from St Kilda was a strange decision, what intel where we going to get from their program?

Has anyone picked up any changes to our gameplan apart from not backing off the mark?

Post Thanks / Like

Haha. It had its time now it's time to put it on the holster.

BTW : the issues with character set seem to only happen in iOS. Wonder if it's an Apple update.
    Thanks, That's a great pick-up

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by josie View Post
    I’d like to have seen an external full review rather than the internal one we ran. I’m really concerned we will lose Naughty or other players who want out after what looks like a disappointing year ahead. We will also be an unattractive destination for target players.
    Ahh, the old internal review. Translated to ticking boxes and doing FA. It's not just Bevo who needs to go, anyone who ticked off his extension needs to be walked out the door. We don't need people in those positions making decisions based on nostalgia.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah who started that ffs.

Grow up idiots.
    There are innovators and imitators and you are clearly have a knack and an eye for detail.