Thanks Thanks:  16
Likes Likes:  90
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Always Right Match Committee Round 10 v Gold Coast at Mars on Saturday Morning

Welcome to the Always Right Match Committee Thread. The Match Committee threads has been named after long time WOOF member Always Right who tragically passed away in March 2018.

If you were on the Western Bulldogs match committee what changes would you make after our Round Nine match against Collingwood for our Round Ten match against Gold Coast at Mars on Saturday Morning.

For those new to these threads, please give a brief explanation for your changes ... this would add a lot of value to the discussion.
    WOOF Member 422

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee Round 10 v Gold Coast at Mars on Saturday Morning

Bump
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee Round 10 v Gold Coast at Mars on Saturday Morning

In
    English
    R Smith

Out
    Scott or McNeill
    McComb

Post Thanks / Like

Bevo hinted a few guys very sore, and I'd not be surprised if Gardner and or Naughton in particular might be in some doubt.

Post Thanks / Like

Naughton's looked really proppy at times, but then gets up the next minute and flies at the ball like a madman. He said after the game it is something has been managing all year.

6. Thanks BornInDroopSt'54 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

In English
    Out McNeill

Post Thanks / Like

In

English
    R.Smith

Out

McNeil
    McComb

Post Thanks / Like

English likely to miss again.

A great opportunity for Sweet to come up against Witts next week.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

10. Likes BornInDroopSt'54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

When English does return, is there a way to keep Sweet in the side or is he just too one dimensional?
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    When English does return, is there a way to keep Sweet in the side or is he just too one dimensional?
    I think it would only work with English playing at least 60% time forward

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    I think it would only work with English playing at least 60% time forward
    I honestly think you could make an argument that setting up like that would make us a better, more balanced side.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

14. Likes westbulldog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    I honestly think you could make an argument that setting up like that would make us a better, more balanced side.
    I think it is time for Sweet to hang up his boots.

Then he will be able to honestly say to his grandchildren that when he played for the Dogs they had an 80% win rate at a 170% margin.

That generation will be more impressed than the current one is.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Danjul View Post
    I think it is time for Sweet to hang up his boots.

Then he will be able to honestly say to his grandchildren that when he played for the Dogs they had an 80% win rate at a 170% margin.

That generation will be more impressed than the current one is.
    How would you fit both he and English in the side Danjul?

I thought he was pretty good last night too has a bit of a presence outside his game play.

I think we need to persist with English in the ruck so the question is can Sweet play the forward / ruck role?

Post Thanks / Like

Sweet brings much needed aggression around the ball and will stick up for his teammates.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

18. Likes westbulldog, Vred liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    How would you fit both he and English in the side Danjul?

I thought he was pretty good last night too has a bit of a presence outside his game play.

I think we need to persist with English in the ruck so the question is can Sweet play the forward / ruck role?
    Sweet can’t play the forward/ruck role - would be a complete waste there (no more effective than Cordy). He’s also not as good as a first ruck as Timmy.

But he’s a decent first ruck and Timmy is a massive, massive upgrade on Cordy.

We need to answer the following question:

Is Sweet as #1 and Timmy as forward/ruck better for the team than English as #1 and Cordy as forward/ruck.

I think the answer is pretty obvious.

20. Likes Grantysghost, DOG GOD liked this post