Thanks Thanks:  16
Likes Likes:  90
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee Round 10 v Gold Coast at Mars on Saturday Morning

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    I had it in my mind he was injured but I think I was just a bit confused. I think because he came off at one point?
    Yeah he did come off. Apparently he copped a corkie in the same spot as the previous week, so he could be in some doubt. I didn't know if you'd heard he was a definite out or not.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Always Right Match Committee Round 10 v Gold Coast at Mars on Saturday Morning

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Yep, no footy for 11 weeks makes it hard to make a case for him… but would he do any worse than McComb or McNeil who are battling?
    In 2016 JJ had a long lay-off and if memory serves me correct, he kicked the winner against the Swans up there. Therefore if anyone is capable of playing well after a long lay-off, it is him.

Having said that, I would be surprised if he is named in the side this week.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WBFC4FFC View Post
    In 2016 JJ had a long lay-off and if memory serves me correct, he kicked the winner against the Swans up there. Therefore if anyone is capable of playing well after a long lay-off, it is him.

That is a correct recollection.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Do you think Gardner will miss due to injury or are you dropping him?

Gold Coast have two key forwards we need to look after - Chol and Casbault.
    I had it in my mind he was injured but I think I was just a bit confused. I think because he came off at one point?
    Yeah he did come off. Apparently he copped a corkie in the same spot as the previous week, so he could be in some doubt. I didn't know if you'd heard he was a definite out or not.
    Get your shit together you two.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WBFC4FFC View Post

There's a fair bit of difference between a 23yo with an injury, and a 29yo coming back from a long lay-off. I agree that he should not come straight back in.

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting suggestion. Do we replace Gardner down back or just hope Keath can hold the fort?
    This weekend, assuming Naughton out and English still not ready, I would be playing Keath and Gardner as key backs with Cleary as the 3rd, then Sweet as #1 ruck with Cordy 2nd ruck/forward. Khamis and O'Brien forward.

Post Thanks / Like

Not a huge fan of McNeil’s but perhaps his inside 50 tackling is why he is in the team. I get it’s easier when you’re not doing much else but he is currently top 20 in the AFL for inside 50 tackles despite missing 3 games.

8. Thanks josie thanked for this post
    Likes jeemak, WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hello Woofers,

I have had a spell on the long term injury list, with losing various parts of my IT including my Mac and my TV and looking after a cancer guy who has got a lot worse, so little time for fun or footy.

But I have seen some games and highlights and taking a glass half full view, how good has Richards been this season? He seems to be getting better each game.

Kharmis has been a good surprise, and what I have seen of English shows real improvement.

I have only read match reports about recent Suns games, but they seem to be a different team this season.

We will be in for a real game this weekend.
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Look after yourself DR. Certainly a tough game this weekend! Hopefully the dogs win and the sun shines in your world!

11. Likes Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Look after yourself DR. Certainly a tough game this weekend! Hopefully the dogs win and the sun shines in your world!
    Thanks mate. I was a very happy man after the Pies game!
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Dry Roy-Hope your coping ok in what sounds like a tough time for you.

I reckon if we can win most of the next 5 games and Bruce comes back aok all is not lost for this season. English proved me wrong as I had doubts if he could be a decent ruck (we all knew how good he can be around the ground). Khamis has been a great find and I think he is a bit like Naughton with his energy levels which rubs off on the team - just needs to build up endurance. Richards has overtaken Williams in backline, with Williams looking more comfortable on wing last match - hope he kicks a few long range goals to give him a confidence boost.

I’m really hoping JJ and Maclean can give us a real boost too. I’ll always remember how good McLean was in 2016 final series - especially the prelim when I thought he was outstanding. Hoping he has some good luck for a change. West looked good last match too. Being a footy romantic and having enjoyed watching his dad play I hope Rylee has a great career and that it with us.

14. Thanks Dry Rot thanked for this post
    Likes The bulldog tragician liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Rot View Post
    Thanks mate. I was a very happy man after the Pies game!
    Good to hear from you DR. Hope you are recovering quickly.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

16. Thanks Dry Rot thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Rot View Post
    Hello Woofers,

I have had a spell on the long term injury list, with losing various parts of my IT including my Mac and my TV and looking after a cancer guy who has got a lot worse, so little time for fun or footy.

But I have seen some games and highlights and taking a glass half full view, how good has Richards been this season? He seems to be getting better each game.

Kharmis has been a good surprise, and what I have seen of English shows real improvement.

I have only read match reports about recent Suns games, but they seem to be a different team this season.

We will be in for a real game this weekend.
    Good to hear from you DR. All the best mate.

18. Thanks Dry Rot thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

No press conference for Luke Beveridge today?

Post Thanks / Like

Glad to see you post again Dry Rot. Stay safe and take care.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

21. Thanks Dry Rot thanked for this post