Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  59
Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Jake Stringer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I reckon less than 5 players in the entire competition could have kicked the goal that Stringer kicked in the last qtr of the GF. It was insanely difficult and his hands and mind were ridiculously clean and quick, not to mention the flawless finish by foot with only a fraction of a second to execute.

One of the best pressure goals I've ever seen considering how much heavy traffic was in the vicinity and how little time and space he had to firstly gather the ball and then to get it onto the boot. That one moment was worth 1,000 other nondescript moments from other players.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

2. Likes boydogs, KT31, bornadog, SonofScray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd say his injury affected him more than we really know. Would love for an injury-free Stringer to come out and dominate again
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    2016 highlights aren't bad either

They aren't 'bad', but he was not on the same level last season.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    They aren't 'bad', but he was not on the same level last season.

I'd be pretty stoked if they were my highlights but I get your point.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

6. Likes chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    I reckon less than 5 players in the entire competition could have kicked the goal that Stringer kicked in the last qtr of the GF. It was insanely difficult and his hands and mind were ridiculously clean and quick, not to mention the flawless finish by foot with only a fraction of a second to execute.

One of the best pressure goals I've ever seen considering how much heavy traffic was in the vicinity and how little time and space he had to firstly gather the ball and then to get it onto the boot. That one moment was worth 1,000 other nondescript moments from other players.
    I think his split second snap in the semi against Hawthorn was even better.

In even heavier traffic, off balance and actively trying to avoid a smother.

It was out of absolutely nowhere.

8. Likes Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post
    I think his split second snap in the semi against Hawthorn was even better.

In even heavier traffic, off balance and actively trying to avoid a smother.

It was out of absolutely nowhere.
    He had less time in that one he kicked in the Granny. He looks up and kicks around his body in the Semi in the Granny he just gets a ball in congestion from MaCrae and throws it on his boot.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    You must be stoked Remi
    Tom Boyd
    Mr October

11. Likes chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    I'd say his injury affected him more than we really know. Would love for an injury-free Stringer to come out and dominate again
    This will be his year. For all his failings in games last year I believe he worked hard and learnt humility on the footy field. Made better decisions too rather than always getting caught etc. It was a real learning year for him. Another year of experience and with Crammers and Cloke to help out he'll be unstoppable this year. Could easily be in the top 10 players in the AFL at the end of the season. He could do anything, take mark of the year (it's going to happen at some stage) and kick 70 goals...
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    This will be his year. For all his failings in games last year I believe he worked hard and learnt humility on the footy field. Made better decisions too rather than always getting caught etc. It was a real learning year for him. Another year of experience and with Crammers and Cloke to help out he'll be unstoppable this year. Could easily be in the top 10 players in the AFL at the end of the season. He could do anything, take mark of the year (it's going to happen at some stage) and kick 70 goals...
    I wouldn't stop at 70. Can you get a bet on about who the next player to kick 100 goals will be? Jakey could do it. Not this season but in his twilight when he hasn't got the legs he used to and we play him out of the goalsquare almost exclusively.

14. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    I wouldn't stop at 70. Can you get a bet on about who the next player to kick 100 goals will be? Jakey could do it. Not this season but in his twilight when he hasn't got the legs he used to and we play him out of the goalsquare almost exclusively.
    I think he and Kennedy are the two most likely players in the comp to be the next one to kick 10 in a match.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    I think he and Kennedy are the two most likely players in the comp to be the next one to kick 10 in a match.
    Tom Lynch from Gold Coast. Could well be the best KPF this year. Beast.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Lynch is a good prospect. He's no Tom Boyd but he's pretty good.

Post Thanks / Like

Jessie Hogan looks likely to kick big bags this year. He is a great contested mark and reads the flight well. He's one player that makes me nervous when we play the dee's.

Jake had a lot going on last year with injury, form and private life. Hopefully this year things settle for him and he can get back to his best or even better. His highlight reel is craziness.
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

Post Thanks / Like

Call me crazy but I think he is going to have a monster year this season and be at around 70 goals.

20. Likes chef, bornadog, SonofScray, Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post
    Call me crazy but I think he is going to have a monster year this season and be at around 70 goals.
    It is a good prediction. Every chance to have a great season this year and boosted by the return on Crameri and the addition of Cloke. Was great to see last Thursday night particularly in the 2nd half how he approached it.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"