Thanks Thanks:  246
Likes Likes:  1,440
Page 76 of 137 FirstFirst ... 26666768697071727374757677787980818283848586126 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,140 of 2046
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Welcome to the Bulldogs: Bailey Smith

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    The last thing we can afford is to lose players with leg speed from our mids.
    But what if we don't play them in the middle?
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    Me too really Mal, but if we're not going to play him in his proper position then what's the point?
    I'd really like to have some insight from the coaches as to why he's playing the role he has recently. There has to be some rationale for it. It's not working, but I'm sure they're not deliberately trying to make him ineffective. I can't for the life of me work out what it might be though.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    I'd really like to have some insight from the coaches as to why he's playing the role he has recently. There has to be some rationale for it. It's not working, but I'm sure they're not deliberately trying to make him ineffective. I can't for the life of me work out what it might be though.
    I think it's to get Treloar into the Dunkley role we've kind of wound the clock back with him.
    Daniel is in there too.
    It's a tough one not everyone can play midfield.
    Question is, have we got the balance right. He's starting to look despondant so I think it's time to give him more time now purely for his development.

It's a net even I think Treloar or Baz in the guts.

Edit: Baz attended two centre bounces both in the last. Quite late too I think.

Macrae been completely wiped from them.

4. Thanks angelopetraglia thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    I think it's to get Treloar into the Dunkley role we've kind of wound the clock back with him.
    Daniel is in there too.
    It's a tough one not everyone can play midfield.
    Question is, have we got the balance right. He's starting to look despondant so I think it's time to give him more time now purely for his development.

It's a net even I think Treloar or Baz in the guts.

Edit: Baz attended two centre bounces both in the last. Quite late too I think.

Macrae been completely wiped from them.
    Also. Macrae has also been forced out.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    Also. Macrae has also been forced out.
    I thought Macrae was pretty good last night. We should have given Smith more CBAs when we saw Adz was struggling.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

There is no doubt our mids are on the slide and to be expected with their age profile, while our forwards are emerging as we speak.

I think from round 1 next year Baz needs to be inside and he needs to take on the defensive responsibilities that comes with that role, until then I'd expect his form to continue if we play him on a flank. He does look lost in the role but at the same time I would love to see him work harder, he has the ability to break games open in the second half of games but for whatever reason we are not seeing his endurance/speed shine through atm.

Lets get around him because the kid is worth the effort and can be a difference maker even this year.

8. Likes macca, bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I’d have put Baz on Diacos and said “beat him or at least break even with him”.

10. Likes SquirrelGrip, GVGjr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Below is from the Tackle from Mark Robinson. No doubt he is right to ask the hard questions. But it feels like all commentators almost barrack for star players to leave our club. I'm sick of it.

What to do with Bailey Smith?

It’s hard to watch the Bulldogs young gun be a non-contributor, and it’s going to be hard for him when, in the review, there will be (or should be) footage of his half-chase on Bobby Hill on the far wing at Marvel Stadium on Friday night. Hill had the ball and scampered, and Smith, believing Hill would immediately dispose of the ball, was only loping inside of him. Smith upped his effort when Hill kept running, but it was the initial response which left a lot to be desired. It’s difficult to determine if Smith is in a terrible form slump, or if there’s life issues affecting his footy, for he has several times spoken of his off-field challenges. Maybe Smith needs a new club and new environment. That’s a kneejerk response, but it could work for him and the Bulldogs, who would get a first-round selection in return. Smith was supposed to be the centre-square replacement for Josh Dunkley, but against the Pies, he had four minutes in the first quarter, four minutes in the second, two minutes in the third, and 14 minutes in the final quarter. As a forward he was opposed to John Noble, who was one of the best afield, having 28 disposals and taking nine marks. Something’s not right with Bailey, for it was the first time in his career he didn’t have a single score involvement.

12. Likes GVGjr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    Below is from the Tackle from Mark Robinson. No doubt he is right to ask the hard questions. But it feels like all commentators almost barrack for star players to leave our club. I'm sick of it.

Maybe Smith needs a new club and new environment.
    Sorry Slobbo, we don't need to get rid of a young mid with some pace.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Robbo doing the work Jeemak won’t.

But seriously, it needs to be an ?overs? type trade to get any buy in from any stakeholder. Otherwise, work out what?s going on ASAP.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

15. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

But what if we don't play them in the middle?
    He should be in there more often IMO - he has beast attributes to be an inside-outside mid of quality for many years to come. I think we should challenge him to raise his game and take ownership of the midfield next year, like Butters and Rozee have done for Port this year.

It's time for the likes of Macrae to become valuable elsewhere, like Wines and Boak have done for Port.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

He should be in there more often IMO - he has beast attributes to be an inside-outside mid of quality for many years to come. I think we should challenge him to raise his game and take ownership of the midfield next year, like Butters and Rozee have done for Port this year.

It's time for the likes of Macrae to become valuable elsewhere, like Wines and Boak have some for Port.
    Wrong example. He's already out of the CBA rotations. Would have to be one of Bont, Treloar or Libba or just completely remove Daniel from them for Smith

18. Thanks Sedat thanked for this post
    Likes azabob, bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    Wrong example. He's already out of the CBA rotations. Would have to be one of Bont, Treloar or Libba or just completely remove Daniel from them for Smith
    I like the way Macrae has been sacrifcing his game for the sake of the team and not playing his usual role in the middle.

20. Likes Grantysghost, EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It's been a while since I've said this, but "this".

I'm not 100% serious when I make comments about trading him because his peak is really good but he's really only suited to one role and if he's not playing it then we're just better off (and he probably would be too) cashing out.
    "It's over. It's all over."

22. Thanks bulldogtragic thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It's been a while since I've said this, but "this".

I'm not 100% serious when I make comments about trading him because his peak is really good but he's really only suited to one role and if he's not playing it then we're just better off (and he probably would be too) cashing out.
    This is exact issue, succinctly put again. That’s up to Bevo I guess.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

24. Likes EasternWest liked this post