Thanks Thanks:  16
Likes Likes:  54

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Labor promise Western Bulldogs will play two games in Ballarat every season

The only issue I have with it is the train service. It's a train and bus to get there if you don't want to drive.

The games need to be played early in the season not the middle of winter
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    The only issue I have with it is the train service. It's a train and bus to get there if you don't want to drive.

Thinking the same.

Post Thanks / Like

C'Mon. We're Bulldog fans, surely you spent time at WO in traditional football weather. Toughen up.

I do hope the same........

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    C'Mon. We're Bulldog fans, surely you spent time at WO in traditional football weather. Toughen up.

I do hope the same........
    I went there for a VFL a couple of years ago. I've never been that cold. To make matters worse you couldn't get a hot pie after quarter time
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

I went there for a VFL a couple of years ago. I've never been that cold. To make matters worse you couldn't get a hot pie after quarter time
    The players will have to train in meat freezers rocky style instead of the humidity chambers at Vic Uni before the Darwin /Cairns games.

6. Likes Raw Toast liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Very rare to get a nice day in Ballarat during the footy season.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    Very rare to get a nice day in Ballarat during the footy season.
    The talk is for Adelaide or Port to be the opponents in Ballarat. With the freeze factor, I'd be inclined to go with Gold Coast or GWS. 20,000 would cover the turnout (Adelaide games pull more than 20k) and there's a chance to get a competitive advantage on the northern staters.

I'm looking forward to rugging up and getting to the 'rat! It could be a really atmospheric little ground. A nice variation on Etihad.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post

I don't mind this one. What I don't want to see is the full Eureka flag, because although it has a deep history in Ballarat, it's associated everywhere else with the union movement, and I don't like me politics on me guernsey.

Turning a hoop into part of the flag, that's nice, I like it.

Well, my partner and I have been discussing a move to Ballarat in the New Year, and subsequently umming and ahhing over home versus home and away memberships for the family. So we'll be rapt. I know another 15 Bulldogs supporters in Ballarat, and that's just the guys I know. This could be very promising for us, it could be our Tasmania, and without selling our soul — we are, after all, the Western Bulldogs now, not just the Footscray Bulldogs.

In regards to train services, well, if we move out there give us a bell and I'll come pick you up.