Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  50
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: AFL Game Day R8

Post Thanks / Like

Re: AFL Game Day R8

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    Probably the same fascination others have with insisting they're good when they're not.

Young is a reasonable player, but he's flaky and weak and I don't miss him at all.
    I never made the argument that Young was good. Said he would playing 1st for us right now. Fact is he selected weekly in a side, that’s top 8.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JanLorMill View Post
    I never made the argument that Young was good. Said he would playing 1st for us right now. Fact is he selected weekly in a side, that’s top 8.
    You didn't have to say it, you're commentary on him did it for you.

Which is fine, I don't have an issue with that being your take.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Underdog View Post
    Maynard?s hair? Elliot?s tatts?
    They seem genuinely united. I noticed all the little taps to guys in better position, the tackles that really stick, and of course the fact they believe they can win at all stages of the match. Their reaction when Sullivan got the goal?the jubilation on the bench, Daicos & Macrae jumping for joy that a journeyman got a goal.

Lippa has improved in ways that I wonder if he would have with us. They?ve managed to find him a role where he is thriving even with a midfield stacked with Daicoses, de Goey and a still highly effective Pendlebury.

Their system rarely breaks down even though it could be seen as taxing (one of our explanations for our own fluctuations in form), they extract the max from their veterans, fringe players buy in 100%. Their captain has dash, speaks beautifully and on GF Day he ran down the race beaming ear to ear with an ?Isn?t life and footy amazing? expression.

I am not mad on Jamie?s tatts or Maynard?s hairstyle but neither of them leave anything on the field and like everyone in this team they play with passion.

They are much much greater than the sum of their individual players, like we were in 2016.

Yep I am 100% jealous. I didn?t think they could win the flag again but I reckon they will give it an almighty shake and if they don?t get there it won?t be due to conditional effort.
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The bulldog tragician View Post
    They seem genuinely united. I noticed all the little taps to guys in better position, the tackles that really stick, and of course the fact they believe they can win at all stages of the match. Their reaction when Sullivan got the goal?the jubilation on the bench, Daicos & Macrae jumping for joy that a journeyman got a goal.

Lippa has improved in ways that I wonder if he would have with us. They?ve managed to find him a role where he is thriving even with a midfield stacked with Daicoses, de Goey and a still highly effective Pendlebury.

Their system rarely breaks down even though it could be seen as taxing (one of our explanations for our own fluctuations in form), they extract the max from their veterans, fringe players buy in 100%. Their captain has dash, speaks beautifully and on GF Day he ran down the race beaming ear to ear with an ?Isn?t life and footy amazing? expression.

I am not mad on Jamie?s tatts or Maynard?s hairstyle but neither of them leave anything on the field and like everyone in this team they play with passion.

They are much much greater than the sum of their individual players, like we were in 2016.

Yep I am 100% jealous. I didn?t think they could win the flag again but I reckon they will give it an almighty shake and if they don?t get there it won?t be due to conditional effort.
    Yep Collingwood are great to watch and play as a team. I'm a fan.

Post Thanks / Like

I cant believe Melbourne have the audacity to play a tall (Petty) in a position of need.
    So left field.

6. Likes EasternWest, Bulldog Joe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    I cant believe Melbourne have the audacity to play a tall (Petty) in a position of need.
    So left field.
    But is he a backman or forward
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    He can do both
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes.

10. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Melbourne's defence is amazing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    He can do both

13. Likes chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Ruck.

15. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Underdog View Post
    Maynard?s hair? Elliot?s tatts?
    No better or worse than Harmes' or Daniel's tatts and Cody's hair let's be honest.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The bulldog tragician View Post

Lippa hasn't really improved, a bit of natural progression. He always was the type of player who looks better than he is in a very good team.

He's OK.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    Ruck.
    Get him over now

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

19. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Pretty pathetic game. Just switched over and 11 goals total for two teams at 3/4 time